New
Find
Notify
Tools

I T & D Custom Gun & Douglas Barrels
 Login/Join

posted
I T & D Custom Gun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody here ever used I T & D Custom gun in Ohio? I am considering having my old Rem 700 re-barreled with a heavy stainless barrel just for some informal range and target fun. I T & D sure seemed to have reasonable rates and turnaround times and I wondered if any of you folks had any firsthand experience with them.

I have seen some feedback on Douglas barrels in general, but if you go with their best quality stainless and air-gauged, shouldn't it be a performer? Just curious. Here is the website for I T & D for those who have not seen them.

http://www.itdcustomgun.com/

(mods if this improper, just remove it, I'm not affiliated with them.)

wolfrum1

Posts: 36 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had one once in 7mm rem mag shot ballistic tips with reloader 22 below an inch at 200yds.Did not last very long 200-300 rounds,but it was accurate.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
200-300 rounds? Was the throat shot out? Did it just stop grouping?

Posts: 36 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had them install a 30-06 barrel on my M1917 match rifle back in 1990. It has over 4K through it and still shoots great (many of those were max loads for 1k shooting).

I keep saying to myself that I need to replace it, and will look them up again to get it done.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I've used them, in the past, had one rifle barreled there... it shoots very well.

good barrels.. have bought several from them.

takes awhile to get anything not in stock

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use I.T.&D. for your barrelling needs. You won't be disappointed!.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 308 and a 06 done buy them years ago. they do good work.

I have had very good luck with douglas barrels.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have purchased about 6 barrels from them, 3 were installed by them on the receiver.

All have been exceptional.
The prices are about the best I have seen.

I haven't spoken about them too much, as I have wanted to keep their fast turn around to myself.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had five or six rifles rebarreled by IT&D. All shot MOA or better and a couple were LOTS better! thumb

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wolfrum1,that's right after that many rounds there were was no rifling for 3-4 inches in front of the chamber.Groups then opened up to the point were they no longer hit the target and the bullets that did hit hit broadside.The shooting started to hang-fire or back-fire and that is when I layed it to rest.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have used a lot of douglas barrels in HP rifle competition and I have found that WHEN you find the right load, They'll shoot with the best. But I hate load testing a barrel for a couple of hundred rounds, when I could buy a barrel that always shoots well, with most any load. I would advise a Hart.
Good luck,
Lee