Find
Notify
Tools

3 pos safety on a remmy 700???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted
I see gentry makes one of these, has anyone installed one yet, what was involved in fitting it. did it effect the operation of the firing pin, if you had a lightweight pin aka speed lock kit?? also does it add much weight to the gun over the regular aluminum shroud??

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post
I would highly recommend Ed LaPour's. I know first hand and I've heard the same from others. Here's a few pictures:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=148104558#148104558

Posts: 894 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Brownells also carries one. I fitted one and it worked very well. It also, was very nicely finished and took little mill work to fit it.

"does it add much weight to the gun over the regular aluminum shroud??" - Probably, although I doubt if you could tell any difference. They are all steel.

"what was involved in fitting it" - The notch for the rearward position (safe and bolt locked) notch requires milling to fit.

"did it effect the operation of the firing pin" - No

"if you had a lightweight pin aka speed lock kit??" - I didn't have the light weight firing pin but, I can't see that will make any difference.

Having said all of the above, take it to the fellow who posts as "malm" or "Westpack" here on the forum. I think they are separate individuals who both have shops in Salt Lake.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Having said all of the above, take it to the fellow who posts as "malm" or "Westpack" here on the forum. I think they are separate individuals who both have shops in Salt Lake.

One and the same (very helpful) individual seperated by a temporary abscence Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I installed a NECG on a customers 700 and we both really liked it. It was the one with the little extra lever that locked it in the safe position (really clever). Only drawback was it cost quite a bit more than the regular one.

Posts: 322 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote