THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Ruggedness and Repeatability: Pachmayr Side Mount

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruggedness and Repeatability: Pachmayr Side Mount
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Howdy. I had a friend lamenting to me that he wanted a scoped bolt action rifle that could still take stripper clips (he doesn't want a Scout-type rifle). It got me to thinking about the old Pachmayr side swing mounts. One could have a scope mounted in one of these, swing it away to charge the magazine, and then swing it back into place and be ready to roll. How well did these mounts work? I see them from time to time on pre-64s and other rifles of that era.

Brian

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on a Winchester M70 .338 mag. that was installed in 1969. The rifle's serial number places it's date in 1968. The scope is an old Weaver V-7 and it's held it's zero just fine. Repeatability is usually withing .5 inch for me.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weaver makes the Pivot Mounts. These would use the existing holes that most rifles have now and not require side mounting.

piviot mounts

I never liked those side mounts anyway and would not even buy a rifle that was inflicted with one. Most did not pivot either but some did.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote