THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can injection molded stocks be used for bedding?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i was at a gunshop the other day and heard the guy behind the counter talking about glassbedding a gun with a factory injection molded plastic stock. is this common? is it practical?

Posts: 315 | Location: SOUTHEAST USA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I must have done a dozen by now. I use Brownells glass for this. I put in mechcanical locks roughing the surface, drilling dead end holes, cutting slots with dremil tool in the area I want to glass.

Works very well I haven't had one come loose yet.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Yes I must have done a dozen by now. I use Brownells glass for this. I put in mechcanical locks roughing the surface, drilling dead end holes, cutting slots with dremil tool in the area I want to glass.

Works very well I haven't had one come loose yet.

Will the same method work on a Hogue stock as well??

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It should Tom. I haven't done a Hogue stock this way yet (I don't own one), but I've done it to factory injection molded stocks from Ruger, Remington, Winchester and Savage, as well as Ramline, Bell and Carlson and Six Enterprises aftermarket stocks, and it's worked on all of them so far. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't done a Hogue But every thing else it should work just fine

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote