New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS claim help...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our shop just lost a UPS claim last week on a tecnicality. All firearms must have the boxes checked for adult signature and delivery confimation. Their monkeys damaged a 1949 M70 220 Swift Super Grade with a Lyman Super Target Spot, shipped in an aluminum flight case. How they managed it I don't know.

Dont forget to check those boxes!

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by SWD posted 03 March 2010 20:58 Show Post

Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
Logout: The Accurate Reloading Forums
Update LiveCloud Account Reply

Why anyone sends UPS or FEDEX beats me!
Forget their guarantee re breakage....they will NOT NOT NOT honor it.

Accuratereloading.com The Accurate Reloading Forums THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading Gunsmithing UPS claim help...

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorrya bout them catching you on a technicality, bastards.

I called all over town, nobody stocks the tape, so I just ended up calling my office supply place, they'll have a roll for me tomorrow. I paid the 15, not as good a deal as you had Rob but I wanted to get this stuff out this week. I guess tonight I can make the boxes and finish it all tomorrow night.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found out that ups insurence is a scam and even the us postal service.
I had my electric guitar amp shipped back from being stationed in germany. I think they threw it around purposely because they didn't like that it was heavy. I got it back home and there was an actual hole thru the side like someone took a solid bar of steel and jammed it through the side. the structure of the amp was twisted and cracked on all sides. I was pissed. these amps are made to stand up to hard abuse and I know for that damage they had to be throwing the thing around purposely at good distances. Of coarse they denighed my insurence claim. i faught and faught for about a month with no sucess. of coasrse they claimed it wasn't packaged correctly wich is BS.
I even told them I'm just an iraq vet comming home from the service and I just want the insurence I was promised with the extensive damage to my amp. No remorse what so ever.

I will be extremely happy if anyone files a suite and gets their money back. I hate when companies take advantage of people because they know they don't have the time or money to do something about it. It happens all the time

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha, you inspired me. I called up and said I still haven't gotten my money from my insured amp that they destroyed in 2004 and just want to file a complaint. I got a confirmation number and was told someone would contact me. I know nothing will come of it, but I get to bug them some.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gundog 64:
USPS Registered is a great way to ship a gun. Finding the correct tape can be a pain.

You can get the proper tape from ULINE 1 800 295 5510 They advertise a pressure sensitive Kraft Tape...I'd check with the USPS to make sure this is OK..I suspect not!

Anyway uline.com on page 421

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought about starting a new thread, but decided I'd put it here, in case any of you are still peeking in.

I'm gonna go back to, and stick with, UPS. I never had a problem before, shipping my guns through them back and forth to Montana. Alternatively, I HAVE had trouble with USPS, twice straight razors that were on their way to Las Vegas went missing, they never reimbursed even though they were insured and in one case the supervisor of the USPS location responsible for delivery found out the driver had taken it to a completely wrong house, and it was signature required and hadn't got a signature!!!!!

So, starting from there, and apparently both are a royal PITA to get money from. I got the tape, it was expensive (but is rather cool tape I'll admit). I dropped off two packages today, one of them I ended up going UPS because the gunsmith uses them all the time, prefers them, and they do A LOT more shipping than I do.

Package with USPS, registered mail, insured for 1200, 48 dollars.

Package with UPS, insured for 7k, 74 dollars.

I'll pray I don't get screwed with either one, ever, and none of you do either, but since they're all a gamble it seems, I'll bet on brown.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote