New
Find
Notify
Tools

enfield triggerguard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
when it's straightened, is the slight angle at the triggerguard bow straightened also?

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, you have to maintain that angle because the screw in the rear receiver tang is at an angle.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you straighten the trigger guard, you also have to shorten the magazine box by the thickness of the guard; as this cut is parallel to the original edge of the box, the angle of the assembly remains the same. Lotsa work!

Bud W

one of us
posted Hide Post
Or else use a longer front screw and keep the original larger magazine capacity.

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you straighten the trigger guard, you also have to shorten the magazine box by the thickness of the guard; as this cut is parallel to the original edge of the box, the angle of the assembly remains the same. Lotsa work!

quote:
Or else use a longer front screw and keep the original larger magazine capacity.

hold on fellas- does this refer to straightening the guard at the triggerguard bow, or moving the front piece down flat (the portion that takes the front action screw)?

EDITED: I re-read both replies and understand what you were referring to- and thanks, I needed the information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tin Can, I know you said you know now, but for the others that might not. The top is a orginal and the bottom is a straightened.
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don, thanks.

worth a thousand words, as they say.