Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican 1910
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of South40
posted
Am I missing something? I recently stopped at Cal_Customs, a Fallbrook, California gunsmith. He had a box of 5 or 6 1910 Mexican Mauser receivers with stripped bolts. I bought one thinking I would have a problem finding a firing pin, cocking piece, extractor, etc. However, when I got it home the bolt from my Yugo 24/47 seemed to fit and function perfectly in the 1910. Can I use Yugo 24 parts to complete my 1910 bolt?

By the way, there were four more 1910’s in the box, as well as a Siamese Mauser action and a neat small ring FN action (no C-ring, pitted below the wood line).
Cal-Customs, Dave Ransberger, (760) 728-5230

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
I by no means know that much about Mausers but I would think if it were as simple as replacing the extractor with a Yugo someone would have spoke up by now. Just yesterday David Christman was telling me how hard 1910 Mexican extractors are to find. Rarer than hens teeth I believe were his words. I hope it works and let us know.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Funny enough, I spoke to Dave on that very subject last week.

What has been done with mexican mausers (this is only suitable when you are rebarreling, as this WILL make a headpsace problem with an existing barrel)is to use a turk intermediate bolt.

Headspace will have to then be set by a good smith.

good find on that.. what did you pay, if you dont mind us asking?

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that the relationship between the bolt handle and the locking lugs is the same between the Yugo and the Mexican. The difference is between the locking lugs and the bolt face. I'm not 100% sure, but, I think that the Yugo bolt would protrude beyond the inner "C" ring of the Mexican. A Yugo 24 and a 1903 Turk (Intermediate) are probably interchangable. The Yugo 48 has the same dimensions as the Yugo 24 and the 03 Turk except it is set up for a safety breech. So swapping bolts can get a little tricky except when dealing with a standard 98. Then headspace is the only variable. Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two 1936 Mex actions that are using the Yugo 24 bolt. One is a 257 Roberts made by J Belk and the other is a full stock carbine barrelled by W. Struz a long time ago. Both work fine. I also spoke to a retired gunsmith from So. Cal. and it was his SOP to use the 1903 Turk bolts on the 1910/36 Mex actions because either the Mex actions had pitted bolts or they just came without bolts.
Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Yugo 24 bolt to try, but, I did try a Yugo 48 and an 03 Turk bolt in a Mexican 1910 action and the bolt face of both bolts lined up exactly with the front edge of the inner "C" ring. So everything in front of the bolt face was protruding forward of the "C" ring including the outer ring of the bolt face and the extractor.

It could be made to work, but, the barrel breech would have to be set back .125" from the inner "C" ring and just tightened against the outer shoulder.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote