Find
Notify
Tools

Escutcheon
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
I need one. I imagine most people just make them, but does anybody sell them?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
for what?

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I have a couple blind magazine stock projects in mind. Maybe I'm having a brain cramp. I think I have the term right. A metal piece inletted into the wood for the front screw.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You got it right. Brownells used to sell some. Don't know if they still do. Catalog is out in the shop.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at Brownells site now. For some reason I'm not getting pics of the product. I'll have to dig out my catalog. Could have sworn I used to get a picture with the product description.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i'll turn you one.. brass.. 20 bucks..

send me your screw, i'll cut it "too deep" so you can file it off... i usually bed these about 1/2 way, and then file to fit wood

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
brass will "age" to a dirty brown like copper does? might work. maybe nickel size? what are you thinking for shape?

one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
Go to www.dixiegun.com

Do a search for escutcheon.

There are several to choose from.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll do that.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Dempsey,
the one i just made for the third lug on one of my rifles is ~.440 diameter, ~.675 long, about .325 counterbored for the bolt head, and once beaded into the action, I filed/sanded off about .120.. should have been .750 long, and .4 counterbored, to allow for my play, but it was fine.

you'll be needing 2 of these, with a slightly larger than .250 through hole.. but the head diameter and length of the headscrew will matter for setting it up.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
jeff, I think I'd wait to counter bore for the screw head untill it was done. that portion of the stock will be sloping forward slightly. The hole is .250 and I'll probably end up making another screw to fit. pm your info and I'll send funds. Thanks for the help. Rob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sell the brass ones for the ruger 10/22 at my store at http://cheapgunparts.com I specialize in ruger 10/22 parts, so I am not sure if that would be too small or not. I do know that a stock #10-24 hex alloy screw head fits in it, where the same size stainless head has to be turned down .010 to fit.

CheapGunParts.Com
The ONLY on-line store to specialize in Ruger 10/22 upgrades! And home of the Yellow Jacket Bolt Buffer!

Posts: 55 | Location: Mobile Alabama | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote