New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 30 Remingtion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is it possible to double square bridge a remingtion model 30?

How do you suppose this would look?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
see no reason why not. I am looking at mine and if that is what you like then do it-timan can do it easily enough and there are others as well.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the reply grizz.

Does anybody have a picture they could post of a Remington 30 with square bridges?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just about naything can be square bridged if it has a solid bridge. If you look about half way down this thread, you will fins a post by Dago Red. He shows pics of an Enfield that Burgess and Fisher collaborated on. It is the same action as the Remington.

Also, if you get a copy of "Custom Rifles in Black and White" by Steve Hughes, you can see pics of the smae rifle in there.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
Just about naything can be square bridged if it has a solid bridge. If you look about half way down this thread, you will fins a post by Dago Red. He shows pics of an Enfield that Burgess and Fisher collaborated on. It is the same action as the Remington.

Also, if you get a copy of "Custom Rifles in Black and White" by Steve Hughes, you can see pics of the smae rifle in there.

Marc, hey thanks. I did a search last night and stayed up til about 1:40 in the morning reading about remington 30/enfield rifles,and looking at pictures of the "ultimate enfield". Wow thats one beautiful SOB. I found two pictures of the rifle in 416 caliber. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. dancing

I guess there are 3 ultimate enfields. The information that I found was on the third enfield . Can anybody tell me about the first two?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry that I forgot to link to the thread! You know what they say-the memeory is the second thing to go!

Here is the thread I was talking about:

Burgess/Fisher Enfield

Dago Red posted pics about 1/4 way down the thread. Burgess has some very nice square bridges on this rifle, and Jerry Fisher did his customary incredible stock job.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just looked at all of those pics again and those two men really nailed it. It is hard to imagine a nicer rifle on an ENfeild action in the English style. I would love to handle and photograph that rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just an opinion and it's not my rifle, but you might want to consider using an Enfield action instead of altering the Model 30, if it's in any kind of reasonable shape.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
just an opinion and it's not my rifle, but you might want to consider using an Enfield action instead of altering the Model 30, if it's in any kind of reasonable shape.

tin can, after looking at the link that Marc posted I believe you could be right. The square bridges would take away from the unique look of the model 30.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys. They really helped. I find the enfield style rifles very interesting, and hope to have one built in 505 gibbs sometime in the future. I really like the english style look that the ultimate enfield has.