New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rebarreling to .338 Win. Mag.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Besides the barrel work, what modifications would be necessary to convert a .30-06 Mauser action to .338 Win. Mag.?

I assume the bolt face would need to be altered. How about the extractor?

What about the magazine? If it holds 4 .30-06 rounds, how many .338 will it take?

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
John please tell me what action you have. The modifications differ according to the action.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark X or whatever else will fill a stock I got hold of (old Bell & Carlson with a huge buttpad and crinkle finish). I believe it would be readily adaptable to an FN action as well.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
You will need to have follower work done , magazine work & also feed rail taper & feed rail alterations done. It will hold three rounds

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 12-29-2001).]

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote