THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Looking to buy some pitted/worn complete mauser 98 actions

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to buy some pitted/worn complete mauser 98 actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jshoney
posted
I posted in classifieds, but figured I'd try here as well.

Looking for a mauser action or 3 for NON firearm projects. I'm fascinated by the mauser story and want to make a few actions into desktop display pieces for me and to give away.

What I need are a few complete unmolested actions with complete bolt, flag safety, trigger, bottom metal.... Not drilled for sights or any other modifications. Straight or bent handles ok. Pitting, worn crests etc just fine.

I'm sure many of you have some actions you've pulled and decided not to used do to pitting or other issues. Country of origin/matching #'s is not important.

It would be best if I could find one person with 2 or 3 they want to bundle for shipping/FFL purposes. A face to face in the Central Texas area would be great.

If you have a few old actions and want a LITTLE walkin around $ let me know. I can buy decent actions on Gunbroker that are usable for $100 each so I was really looking to track down some pitted actions in the $50 +- range each plus shipping.

Posts: 146 | Location: Walburg, TX | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you just need to try GB. Probably will be your best bet.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Numerich might be worth a call. (866-686-7424)

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
. It will be hard to get a complete aciton in any condition for 50 these days. Unless they are junk Spanish 93s or such.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
. It will be hard to get a complete aciton in any condition for 50 these days. Unless they are junk Spanish 93s or such.

That's for sure. And don't forget, legal purchase (for non antiques) requires transfer thru an FFL, more $s.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think you need to adjust your budget. Your best bet may be to look for something like this: Junk receiver

Even then you will probably spend close to $100 completing the action with a triggerquard and bolt. And if you don't weld it up to be non-functional it is technically still a firearm so your paperweight has to comply with any appropriate regs...

That's why companies make the die cast replicas. Not sure if anything can be had for the Mauser though.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote