New
Find
Notify
Tools

376styer on a yugo 24/47
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well guys,I asked a similar question about a month ago while trying to find a larger bore round that would work in this action.It seems the 376 styer has the case length and energy numbers I'm looking for and has been chambered in the Mexican small ring mauser by at least one member here on AR.
Is this conversion in a yugo 24/47 a good idea or is there to many extra costs involved that would make this project not worth while.

Steve

Posts: 182 | Location: On the Yentna River, Ak. | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
works out well

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I think you should do all of the metal work, i.e., drilling and tapping, altering the bolt handle and altering the receiver for the bolt AND THEN, getting it heat treated. I'm not familiar with the YUGO but, if it is anything like the WWII Mausers, they made it out of ersatz beer cans and the receiver is quite soft. Maybe some of the other members here can contradict this assumtion with facts.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This rifle will be for my son.He uses another mauser in 8x57 as his only rifle and this will be a graduation present of sorts.Sents I have this yugo laying around I thought I could use it for a custom rifle for him and it would mean more than just going down to the gun shop and buying one off the shelf.A little more personal you know.The too of use spend time at our cabin on the Yentna river in Ak. fising and hunting ever year and with the very large grizzly population in the area a more powerful rifle makes since.
If I do this I want to set it up right the first time with the fewest problems as possible.Any suggestions would be welcome.

Steve

Posts: 182 | Location: On the Yentna River, Ak. | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote