New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Reamers
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We have just received teh following reamers.

222 Remington magnum
7mm TCU
7mm IHMSA
308x1.5"
300 WSM

In due course, we hope to build rifles for them and develop loads.

I think I will start with the 222 Remington magnum.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68729 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Powderman>
posted
Saeed,

What is the .308 x 1.5? I've never heard of it. Specialized cartridge, perhaps? Maybe a benchrest proposition.

------------------
Happiness is a 200 yard bughole.

<Gary Rihn>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We have just received teh following reamers.

222 Remington magnum
7mm TCU
7mm IHMSA
308x1.5"
300 WSM

In due course, we hope to build rifles for them and develop loads.

I think I will start with the 222 Remington magnum.

Good choice on the 222 Magnum. I've had one for a long time, wonderful little cartridge. The 223 did it in, but I still love it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quit teasing us...the big buzz is for the
300 WSM!

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Powderman,

This cartridge was developed by Barnes. I just thought it will be fun to shoot.

DB Bill,

I will gladly develop some loads for the 300 WSM, but we ahve no dies or cases yet.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68729 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Powderman
I believe the 308x1.5 was originally developed as a bench rest round . Possibly the parent case for the 6mm BR.

RR

Posts: 227 | Location: West Central Sask | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Powderman>
posted
You're right---it does sound like fun.

What are the ballistics on the cartridge? Short or long action? Accuracy?

The questions pour forth, but these are the important ones.

------------------
Happiness is a 200 yard bughole.

<jeff crowe>
posted
The 308x1.5 is listed in Ackley's book.
It is a very interesting little cartridge.
Benchrest shooters use a similar 30 cal.
cartridge: I think it is called the 30 x 44,
which would be slightly longer, for the "hunter" class. The large diameter bullet is more effective at knocking out the "X" which is the tie-breaker.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pal who shoots the 308X1.5 in the 600M high power matches and does very well with it. With VV N133 it can easily equal factory .308 ballistics with the 168 Matchking and 175 Amax. Amazing little thing!

Posts: 187 | Location: Nuevo Mexico | Registered: 15 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Mats>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Nobade:
With VV N133 it can easily equal factory .308 ballistics with the 168 Matchking and 175 Amax. Amazing little thing!

Nobade,

Shouldn't that read: "With VV N 133 and dangerously high pressure it can equal factory .308 ballistics"?

There are no free lunches.

-- Mats

<XP-Guy>
posted
The .308x1.5" is truly a great case design. It's called the 30BR now by most people. For score shooting it's been winning a lot of matches lately. The most common set-up is light bullets in a slow twist barrel. 110 to 125 gr bullets from a 1-17 or 1-18 twist.

R.G. Robinett at bibrob@pionet.net is a real guru with the 30BR. I'm sure he would love to talk about it (he won't quit talking about it). He also owns BIB bullet company http://benchrest.com/bib/ that produces some of the best benchrest bullets you can buy.

I know it sounds like an ad for him but the 30BR is really giving the 6PPC some competition and R.G is the guy to ask about it.

<Bruce Gordon>
posted
My worthless vote is for the 300WSM.
Also, what about trying out a few of the wildcats based on the 300WSM like the 6.5-300WSM and 7mm-300WSM? Those are the ones that really fascinate me.

<jayloar>
posted
I'll throw in my 2 cents for the 300WSM as well. OK, I'm biased cause I just got one and started reloading it. Dies are available but brass is not as far as I've found. I'm making brass by shooting up 180 gr. Winchester Power Point factory loads. (which shoot great by the way)