Find
Notify
Tools

DWM Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
These are Brazilian Mod 1908 DWM actions being offered by Recknagel Feintechnik (ERA). I received a catalog from NECG & a ERA cataolg was with it. I assume that these actions are being distributed by NECG.
Can someone please translate the German text? My German is very limited. Zum tod, Weinn Alle Bruder Schweigen, stuff like that. [Big Grin]
Sorry for the large photo Saeed but thats the only way the text is ledgible.
 -

[ 01-13-2003, 03:54: Message edited by: Bear Claw ]

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't say what you're hoping it says.

Basically it says that after 100 years the mauser is still the most popular action among gunsmiths. They offer it with a shotgun or single set trigger, full length magazine, floorplates for either 4 or 5 rounds, 3 position safety and bent bolt handle.

It does not say who made the action, when they were made, or any indication as to being refurbished.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kurt. The scan of the original is not that good but in the magazine "Deutche Waffen und Munitionfrabiken Berlin" can be clearly read & the Brazilian crest is clear also. In another section it said to call for the price.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the katalog. I was disappointed that more information is not given. My guess is that photo is representative of an action, and that the one they ship may be different. Otherwise, they would have stressed the manufacturer.

I have contacted Recknagel over other items, and they refer NECG as being their US agent. All transactions should go thru them. I doubt if NECG would bother importing one action. They might consider it for 5 or 10.

[ 01-13-2003, 04:46: Message edited by: KurtC ]

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
For all language challenged yanks-

http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

pretty cool translation page, you can either type in text or a web page and it translates it automatically, if not grammatically.

Sure helps with stuff like this!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
BearClaw, KurtC
I had occasion to see that actions at IWA two years ago, and I can tell you that they look as perfect and new, even if refurbished. Two years ago, in IWA, the devclared price was around 1000USD (2000DEM), for the authorized buyer.
The action mount a trigger made by Recknagel.
If you need I can contact them without problem because Mrs G.Recknagel speaks Italian as an Italian, and I always had good business relations
with her, when I was collaborating with an Italian Gunsmith.
Make me know.

bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Malinverni:
Two years ago, in IWA, the declared price was around 1000USD (2000DEM), for the authorized buyer.

Which is not really cheap, if you contrast this with the small amount of money for which the whole rifle (M 1909 cavalry) is still found here.

quote:
If you need I can contact them without problem because Mrs G.Recknagel speaks Italian as an Italian, and I always had good business relations with her
(*puts index finger under his right eyelid and draws it down*)
Ah Steve - sei un furbo buongustaio ! [Big Grin]

But at least we now know your taste in women: it's indeed a good one, if I remember the lady correctly... *chuckle*

Carcano

[ 01-13-2003, 21:21: Message edited by: carcano91 ]

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Herr, Bear Claw

You old haggis eating sheep farmer [Wink]

Now, don't try to be funny about bruder Schweigen. They exist in Sweden, former Swedish Waffen SS soldiers, that is [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

I would recommend you to buy an action and give Ted Blackburn a call. He has all the stuff that Recknagel has on their action for a much lesser price. The actions made by DWM is not hard to find.

I have safety and floorplate from Blackburn on my commerical FN action, very nice indeed [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Good Luck
/ JOHANN

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks JOHAN I appreciate the information. I do love my Haggis. [Big Grin]
I had no idea there were any waffen ss in Sweden. [Eek!]

[ 01-14-2003, 02:05: Message edited by: Bear Claw ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, by a weird coincidence, we have a group of re-enactors here in Canada (in or around Ottawa, I believe) that dress up as Scandinavian SS (the Nordic division?) and play soldier. Pardon me, they do "re-enactments". I guess the differance between playing and re-enacting is how much money you put into your costume and how old you are. FWIW - Dan

[ 01-14-2003, 02:31: Message edited by: dan belisle ]

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Carcano91,
I have to answer "Yes" at the first remark [Frown] , and "yessssssssssss" at the second one. [Big Grin]
However, well spent money indeed.
I'm speaking about the action of course.

Black hairs and bright eyes. A good combination for a woman, of course.
bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote