New
Find
Notify
Tools

Technical Question: Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is the new Remington X-Mark Pro trigger an improvement over the old standard Remington trigger or is it just a cost-cutting design?

Thanks.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
In between scaring the crap out of kids!

The new trigger is an improvement over the old. It did away with the floating connector which could be a hazard if proper maintenance was ignored. The safety not only lifts the safety cam off the trigger as before, but moves to physically block the trigger lever as well. A little over kill in my opinion.

Look here:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=282101488#282101488

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The X Mark Pro trigger group is the aftermath of an individual getting killed after an authorized Rem repair tech cleaned/adjusted a Rem standard(pre 2006)trigger group.
After a several million dollars lawsuite-
The ISS/J lock was an interim fix/lawyer proofing the 700/Seven firing pin.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 429 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The X Mark Pro is the most inconsistant peice of crap Remington has made in years. I've adjusted about 20 of them now. One would'nt go below 4.75lbs. Most will go to a safe 3-4lbs and I have had several that went to 2.25lbs. I have a bag of 6 or 8 junk ones that would not go below 3.5lbs that have been replaced with aftermarket units. I'll take the old trigger any day over the x mark POS.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SWD:
The X Mark Pro is the most inconsistant peice of crap Remington has made in years. I've adjusted about 20 of them now. One would'nt go below 4.75lbs. Most will go to a safe 3-4lbs and I have had several that went to 2.25lbs. I have a bag of 6 or 8 junk ones that would not go below 3.5lbs that have been replaced with aftermarket units. I'll take the old trigger any day over the x mark POS.

You aparently need someone to teach you how to make them work. They are great!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've adjusted hundreds of triggers. If you've got good way to get all of them to work I'm all ears.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Stock triggers have too many little issues to simply adjust away. You have to rework the trigger from the ground up. You have to carefully stone and polish mating sear surfaces. The return spring must move freely through the hole. The trigger lever must move freely on it's pin. If necessary I replace the factory pin with a 1.25 hardened bearing pin which allows the trigger to move without the slightest drag.

I do everything dry and without the trigger spring in place. If you really want to know what the trigger is capable of, rework and test the trigger without a spring. Once the desired break is acheived, install the spring, add a drop of moly grease to the sear and set the weight and test.

Crisp, clean 2 lb pulls are fairly easy to acheive with the X Mark Pro trigger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Westpac thanks for the info. Most hunters around here just want to pay for a basic adjustment. Out of the box as far as basic adjustability goes they're not as good as the old trigger. But, I'll work over a few of the ones I've accumulated and offer them to the guys who need somthing better. Thanks again.