New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem X-Mark Pro Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody been able to adjust the sear engagement screw on the new remington x-mark pro trigger? The weight of pull (spring) screw can be adjusted but on mine the sear engagement screw won't budge.

Rick

Posts: 214 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Well, yes, I have. Many actually. The sear engagement screw is epoxied in place. It requires heat and finesse. Especially when using that little of an allen wrench. Easy to strip the head. Unless you are prepared to drill the screw out, I wouldn't recommend tampering with that adjustment.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Westpac what are you using for heat and how much? Trigger can't be adjusted below 5# with weight of pull screw. Anything below 5# will not repeatedly reset the sear(cock). It will cock 5 or 6 times then not cock at anything less than 5#. If you cycle the bolt slowly it will cock at 3#to5# everytime but cycle the bolt rapidly an it wont.

Rick

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
Westpac what are you using for heat and how much? Trigger can't be adjusted below 5# with weight of pull screw. Anything below 5# will not repeatedly reset the sear(cock). It will cock 5 or 6 times then not cock at anything less than 5#. If you cycle the bolt slowly it will cock at 3#to5# everytime but cycle the bolt rapidly an it wont.

Rick

You can safely take the trigger to 2.5 lbs, or better, without ever needing to touch the sear engagement screw. You need to replace the spring and very carefully polish the sear and safety cam to a mirror finish. You have to be carefull applying heat to the group. Because of the price of gas my preference is propane. Big Grin I heat it until she smokes.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Westpac, One more question. Will a older rem 700 trigger fit in the new rem 700's? Rifle Basix shows a different trigger for 2006 and newer rifles. I have a older 700 trigger I was going to swap with the X-mark if it would work but i'm not sure if it will.

Rick

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I believe the only difference between the pre 2006 and the post 2006 is the width of the safety lever. The newer one requires a wider safety to clear the receiver.

I've not put the X Mark Pro trigger on an older 700 action, but can't imagine too big of a problem.

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I am no gunsmith but on the one I have, I was gonna do the full blown internet instrucitons for adjusting it, ran into the problem of the screws like westpac was talking about, tried using a soldering iron to no avail, they really do use some serious epoxy on those. finally I just tried adjusting the pull weight screw and found it adjusted very easily and predictably down to a consistent 2#, yeah it still not as good as my westpac tuned 700 trigger on my other remmy but its pretty damn good, I am happy with it,

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cummins cowboy:
I am no gunsmith but on the one I have, I was gonna do the full blown internet instrucitons for adjusting it, ran into the problem of the screws like westpac was talking about, tried using a soldering iron to no avail, they really do use some serious epoxy on those. finally I just tried adjusting the pull weight screw and found it adjusted very easily and predictably down to a consistent 2#, yeah it still not as good as my westpac tuned 700 trigger on my other remmy but its pretty damn good, I am happy with it,

You did a good job on the X Mark Pro as I remember!