Notify
Tools

new Newton Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Timan,

Did you finish the three Newton actions? If so did you photograph them before delivery to Paul?

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of atomiclab
posted Hide Post
great thread. I want to know as much as I can about the Newton: cartridges, rifles, company, and history.

I am also highly interested in seeing the rifles Timan was working on. Progress pictures just as nice if not better than finished.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by atomiclab:
great thread. I want to know as much as I can about the Newton: cartridges, rifles, company, and history.

I am also highly interested in seeing the rifles Timan was working on. Progress pictures just as nice if not better than finished.

http://newtonrifles.com/

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In addition to my four 1916 Newton rifles (.256 [2X], .30-'06 and .30 Newton) I also am the proud owner of this Model 1922 Newton (only approximately 100 made by Mauserwerke Oberndorf). The original Newton barrel was replaced by a Niedner barrel in .270 Winchester, sometime around 1935.

It shares the spoon type bolt handle with the Mauser Model M sporter and has the distinctive Newton double set trigger, ostensibly installed by J'P' Sauer & Söhne.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A collectors dream.

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
great collector piece there!

I too would like to see pictures, oddly enough when I do a search for posts by timan with newton in them, only one comes up! I was trying to see if he posted after this any pictures or not. weird

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one of my 1916 Newtons, with a Zeiss Zielklein in a Redfield Sr. mount, caliber .256 Newton.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
xausa,
Would you, or others share what loads you are useing. I have a 256 newton on a smallring mauser, very sweet little rifle too. I can not get anywhere close to the powder charges some are listing, does the original 256 newtons have a long throat? My velocities are fine, or where I would expect, just far less powder.