New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill, any photos of the Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About a year ago I donated a barrel to the charity project started by Bill Soverns. Just wondering where that project is at and whether there are any photos of the rifle.

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
22WRF and all.......

I have been avoiding posting any news on the charity rifle because I hoped I could avoid exposing problems Im having personally at the moment. I was laid off on Sept 30 and I have spent all of my available time since then looking for a job. Jobs in my field are not easy to come by around here and the search is not going well.

I cannot work on the charity rifle because it takes money to do so. Everything donated is still here and in fine shape. I would love to start working on it but at this time I simply cannot do it. I have family responsibilities that have to come first.

If anyone has any concerns about the items they donated please feel free to contact me via email or telephone. I will be more than happy to photograph your donated item and email it too you. Hopefully I will be gainfully employed soon and things can get back to normal but until then I ask for your understanding.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Been there done that, Bill. It ain't no fun. I sure hope you get back in the saddle soon.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully you can land a new job at twice they pay as previously.

I had the same thing happen the first year I was married. It isnt any fun at all. But think of how much more "character" you will have when it is all said and done.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
I can give you a hand with some of it if you like. Good luck with finding a new job.
Best regards
Timan

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Bill,
best of luck..
Chin Up, resume out!!
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38601 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill-

When I was working on project #2, you were very generous with your time and expertise.

I'm indebted, and hoping that the Law of Karma will see you're soon paid back for your generosity.

flaco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know Bill. I agree 100% that your family comes first. Best of luck in finding that new Job.

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
As fast as the peices came together for this project surely we could get the funds up to finish it too? Maybe it would give Bill something to do and get is mind off of his current situation. I am in for $20.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Count me in too!!! Just let me know where to send the $.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker: Just let me know where to send the $.

Let us know Bill.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too would like to see the project completed. I am in for $20.00. Where do I send it? Same place as the barrel?