Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Actions for the 505 Gibbs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
lb404,

I have Truvelo's latest catalogue on e-mail and they have an action for the 505 Gibbs class as well as an even bigger one that they call their Mammoth action. If you want it, please let me know and I could mail it to you but it is a large file and would take up a lot of space.

Alternately, if someone knows how to post it so that members here could access it whenever they want, I could send them the mail.

Good hunting and there is a condition for sending this to you - you will have to post pictures of your rifle here when it is completed!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mix3006, I always order what I want but rarely get what I order. After the check is cashed, accountability disappears.IMHO!!!
The 500 Jeffery is being built on a commercial Orberndorf action I recently acquired. We have just received the Kreiger barrel for the project. The rifle will look just like it was made be Jeffery in 1920. The english walnut blank is very well laid out for a boomer and the metal finish will be matt rust blue. It will have a barrel band front sight and a milled barrel swivle stud similar to the original, It will sport a barrel recoil lug and an island rear sight with one standing sight. I have just received a couple of Davenport rifles I commissioned and they sure are fine. One is in 404 Jeffery , one in 280 Rem., to add to my 250-3000 he made me a couple of years ago. I wish I had the original 505 Gibb back. He added a couple of recoil reducers to that one and the guy shoots the hell out of it. Oh well!!!

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LET HIM LENGHTEN A MILITARY LIKE A 1909 OR A VZ24 THE ONLY DIFFERENCE FROM ONE OF THE MODERN MAG ACTIONS IS THAT THE BOLT FACE LIKE THE ORIGINAL MAG ACTIONS WILL NOT BE ANY WIDER, IT MAKES FOR KINDA LIKRE A THIN PIECE OF STEEL AROUND THE RIM OF THE CARTRIDGE I THINK ON SOME OF THE MODERN MAG ACTIONS THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED WITH A WIDER BOLT I THINK MITCHELLS MAUSERS IMPORTS A MAG ACTION MADE BY GOLMATIC I DONT SEE ONE OF THESE ACTIONS COMING IN LESS THAN 2,000$ PAUL

Posts: 78 | Location: massachusetts,USA | Registered: 19 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mix3006
posted Hide Post
lb;your obviously a gent with a taste for the "olde worlde" and I can't think of a more graceful and refined style on which to base any build up.You definately know what you want and this rifle is going to reflect that.Please post photos(and plenty of them). I'll be waiting!!!

Posts: 191 | Location: Wollongong NSW Australia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote