Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmithing Reality TV
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Rod
there's a couple folks that have done dumb stuff and lived through it ... rockets, dams, trebuchets, ill conceived hot rods, blasting caps, leaf-spring crossbows etc etc

i expect he's a materials science protegee and one of his uncles or cousins showed him a diving bang stick and he took it from there

or he has Loki's own luck

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At one time there were a number of guys who liked to hang around the shop and watch me work so it must have been entertaining. The free coffee may also have played a part. Also, some of the guys had government jobs and work of any sort was probably fascinating to them. I was pretty good at ignoring their presence and they soon learned to keep clear so as to avoid catching an elbow. All in all, I can't see a TV show based on my typical day as being all that entertaining. Fifteen minutes of an old guy searching for the headspace gauge he is holding in his hand or a segment showing his eyes glazing over as he watches the lathe turn isn't all that riveting.
Hunting shows are popular but, again, my reality falls short of expectations since there is rarely a climax to the hunt and a half hour of the old guy stumbling around in the woods then taking a nap may not keep the viewer's attention.
That reality TV would even consider such a show shows a certain level of desperation on the part of producers. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3763 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
At one time there were a number of guys who liked to hang around the shop and watch me work so it must have been entertaining. The free coffee may also have played a part. Also, some of the guys had government jobs and work of any sort was probably fascinating to them. I was pretty good at ignoring their presence and they soon learned to keep clear so as to avoid catching an elbow. All in all, I can't see a TV show based on my typical day as being all that entertaining. Fifteen minutes of an old guy searching for the headspace gauge he is holding in his hand or a segment showing his eyes glazing over as he watches the lathe turn isn't all that riveting.
Hunting shows are popular but, again, my reality falls short of expectations since there is rarely a climax to the hunt and a half hour of the old guy stumbling around in the woods then taking a nap may not keep the viewer's attention.
That reality TV would even consider such a show shows a certain level of desperation on the part of producers. Regards, Bill

I think they were just hanging around and hoping to see you or that crazy guy, I think he was a Dutchman, freak out on someone Billy. lol

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote