Find
Notify
Tools

John Rigby Co. ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
Isnt this supposed to be a household name in the custom rifle world? I dont want to be too presumptious, but if this is "exibition grade english walnut" Ill eat my hat..

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=56101985

Its a nice rifle, but exibition grade??? I dont think so.. Ill remember "Rogue River Rifleworks" for this boner..

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Ah! My bad, Rogue River is not the seller, its some dude from NC. As I said, it IS a nice gun, BUT!!!

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i think he meant exibit grade, as in legal preceedings...

but GOODNESS that's a nice 358

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rouge RIver is the company that bought th eRigby name and now makes guns and rifles under the Rigby banner in Paso Robles, CA. The owner (Geoffe something or other) and Craig Boddington are good friends and he always got a lot of good press in th egun magazines. Boddington wrote up their reworks of the 88's back in th elate 90's or so. THe rifle is a used gun for sale at Hyatt's here in town, but it was defintely reworked by Rogue River/Rigby.

M88's were supposed to be short and light-this one now has a 24" barrel and weighs over 8 1/2 pounds!!! I have plain M700 wood stocks from Remington that are better than this piece of wood. GOod luck trying to get anywhere near $4200 for it. I have to buy some bullets this week and may drive over there to look at it

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I have a Savage 111 that has exibition wood also. Learn something everyday!

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote