One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted
)(*&

Posts: 798 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Bad things happen to good people; tell your friend to be patient and wait but keep in touch with those managing the estate.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2945 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy...think of all he drive bys's this will avoid...Jus makes you feel safer all over..Jeez..Will common sense ever prevail?

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
it's more of a policy issue then anything else.
The Smith held the FFL and no other family member was named on it so the Next of kin can't just hand stuff over. And you know the government can't circumvent procedures. Unless of course it serves THEIR interest.

Washington DC was built with the blood of our people. with Money lining the floor, and red tape for wall paper.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
Boy...think of all he drive bys's this will avoid...Jus makes you feel safer all over..Jeez..Will common sense ever prevail?

Im from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan ...

Posts: 188 | Location: Late,Great Golden State | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to the BATFE's own rules, no 4473 is required to return a firearm to the customer who delivered that firearm for repairs.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a friend who has gotten into a strange series of events and I need some help. He was going to have a rifle built. Dropped all his parts off at the gunsmith for the build. 2 days later the gunsmith passed away. I do not know if the gunsmith entered in his bound book, the parts were dropped off for the build.

You have my sympathy! I dropped off my late father's shot gun to a gunsmith in our Birmingham (England) and had the same happen! It too over a year to get the thing back and had to go in, by appointment, to his workshop with his family representative and a police representative.

Everywhere guns and parts of guns in plastic trays. Fortunately after just five minutes found all the bits (he had taken it apart) of mine and the barrels, stock and its guncase.

Here in UK, as we have to have licences for all guns, once the police officer had checked the numbers on the gun against my licence I was able to walk out with it.

But, and this is the important thing, I had at time of his death contacted the police and notified them of his possession of my gun and sent a suitably sympathetic letter to the family but making the aware that "once things had settled down" could they "contact me at their convenience" to allow me to collect the gun.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike in Michigan:
According to the BATFE's own rules, no 4473 is required to return a firearm to the customer who delivered that firearm for repairs.

+1

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39696 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I've been in that situation, the guys kid sent me my stuff back, no issues.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote