THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    where to find Argie or Port hinged 98 bottom metal?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to find Argie or Port hinged 98 bottom metal?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know where I can find 1 set of Argentine 1909 bottom metal, or alternately the portugese hinged metal?

I got the Numrich stuff and frankly, the gurus were right and it doesn;t really meet my standards Frowner

I've always used Argie metal in the past, so need one last set to finish this rifle Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that has 7 of the Argentine triggerguards, but they don't have the floorplagte on them and they don't have the button release on them either. They need to have a Wisner straddle floorplate fitted and a new buttom release made, which can be made fairly easily from mild steel. These are genuine Argentines as evidenced by the argentine mark, but they were never put on a rifle and hence do not have serial numbers. they are in their original new blue black condition.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
22WRF: Wisner straddle floorplate

These floorplates really improve the appearance. We put one on one of my Whitworths and it looks much better. It is slightly short for the Mark X but can be fixed with a tig weld.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer - I may need to take you up on it, but I'm hoping to find one with the release and original floorplate included. Despite their popularity, I'm not a fan of the straddle plate, I like using the original one after slimming the profile a little.

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Jeffeoso had some nice bottom metal for sale. Contact him he may still have some.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it 1909 or 1904, or is it commercial stuff?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I have ONE bottom left, that i might can part with

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeff,

Is is argentine?

drop me an e-mail please so we can discuss.

ronald.cormier@NOSPAMrogers.com

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Claven-

Here's a 1908 receiver--don't recognize the scope mounts--but looks to me it has Argentine bottom metal.

Mixed receiver and bottom metal.

The current bid is less than the value of Argie bottom metal.

Good luck,

flaco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
except that I'm in Canada so I can't buy receivers in the states Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Claven,

try Lever Arms Service Ltd. 2131 Burrard St. Vancouver, BC (604)736-0004. Ask for Kin.
I bought a new 1909 style trigger guard from him a few years ago, its a commercial import that looks like a 09 Argentine and a Blackburn commercial mauser TG. Polished and blued very good fit with inside the guard release and straddle floorplate. (www.leverarms.com)
Bob