UPS gorilla's strike AGAIN
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
No gun damaged this time...

ordered couple # .045 nickel steel filler rods
#1 of force 44
they FINALLY have comet flux in...

the package arrives, looks like it's be drug from dallas to houston... seams busted, brown packing tape ripped...

rods are gone...

at least I took pics before I opened it.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
our govt. is getting weeee bit paranoid. mayber it was sitting by a couple tons of dope. never know.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Is this the package you were waiting for so you can finish my little project?

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They screwed me for the last time...

I shipped a friend 3 barrel blanks via UPS.. I had them insured at value. When they finally arrived, about 10 days late, one of the barrels was missing.. How the hell did they do that..
To top it off they refused to pay on the claim.

UPS is full of liers and theives..

Never again..

I'd like to lay hands on a few that were responsible... I'm pissed and it's been a couple of months...

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Wes,
yep
Pat, don't really have any choice on hazmat chemicals. i HATE ups, the wife hates shipping from our local USPS...

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been involved on the shipping end of the business and also as a customer...

I can tell ya that the industry as a whole, UPS FEDEX ETC.... pay out about $2.00 out of every $100.00 claimed as lost... they jam the customer in so much paperwork and redtape and time consumption, most people just give up and accept the loss.....

Two years ago, using Fed EX, I shipped a pair of Pagers to a customer in Lincoln NE... this is in a system that is used in Assisted Living Facilities and has to do with Emergency Response and staff communication.....

Fed Ex has the balls to call me from Nebraska and telling me that the box arrived, but the contents were missing.... So DID I want them to deliver the Empty Box anyway!!!!! I couldn't believe the stupidity of that one....

But they delivered it anyway, even tho it was insured, they told me that they wouldn't pay the claim, because the contents was missing but the box made it there and was delivered... that I had paid for INSURANCE ON THE BOX... NOT on the content!!!!

HOW blatantly assinine can they be....

I'll personally never ever use FED Ex again!!!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We just took delivery of a customers rifle. It was in a hinged plastic rifle case taped shut. Everything looked ok on the outside.
I opened it up and the rear of the Leupold scope was broken off at the threaded tube.

So now the customer has filed a claim and we had to take a bunch of pics to send to UPS since he had insured for over $1000. We were told they now do every claim over the phone and internet.

I can not bitch too much as we do a lot of shipping and average 1 claim about every 5 years.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've been treated pretty well by UPS too. The one claim I've had to file was handled promtly. After reading all the horror stories though, I ship guns USPS.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I use and request USPS for everything, never lose anything, always undamaged, usually less expensive.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote