New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPI gunstocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone used one of these lately? If they are of such poor quality, how do they stay in business?

I wouldn't ask, but they are the only one selling a stock inletted for my rifle!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I think they are great stocks and a great company I HAVE 12 OR SO

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone used one of these lately? If they are of such poor quality, how do they stay in business?

I've used 3 or 4 other the last 8yrs. I never had any issues with them. I will buy another. I did buy only the rough blank.

Don here is the last one I built. It was the 1#. With pad it is right at 20oz. I like it better than the HighTech on my wifes. This is a M98 built with a blind box.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen of them they are good stocks but require a lot more work than other similar stocks. They are very light and also very strong. I own one and would own another.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2936 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:

I've used 3 or 4 other the last 8yrs. I never had any issues with them. I will buy another. I did buy only the rough blank.

Don here is the last one I built. It was the 1#. With pad it is right at 20oz. I like it better than the HighTech on my wifes. This is a M98 built with a blind box.

Nice job, Paul! I like the paint job. Did you do that yourself?

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I have one on my 6.5 Gibbs....I think its great.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice job, Paul! I like the paint job. Did you do that yourself?

Thanks. I had my wifes painted by a place here in town. This is her's

Then after painting numerous trial pieces I did the one black and charcoal in the original picture above. Then this one.
I think I got a little carried away on the second one.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have had one on a Savage 99, done several years ago, very successful. Owned another on a 99, never fired it, looked fine.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have one I bought in 1985 and it still works great.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice stocks, ramrod340. i'm a big fan of the Mark X/Charles Daly Mausers as well.

Posts: 40 | Location: northern NY | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote