New
Find
Notify
Tools

P U G aluminum stock??
 Login/Join

<reloaderman>
posted
Has anyone heard of these? I saw an ad for a used gun that said " w/PUG alum stock".
I've never heard of them...:confused

------------------
No matter where you go.........there you are!

<MAKATAK>
posted
A PUG stock is an all aluminum skeletonized gunstock with a grip like a 1911. Neat looking, kinda star warzy. Looks far out when it has a wild paint job. I've seen a few varminters using them. Saw one nice set up in Wyoming, forend and butt were locked in a bag setup on rollers, like for an unlimited benchrest rifle. Damn thing would swivel around over 90 deg. Worked great. Wish I had though of that idea. Not really for the traditionalist, little or no wood. I've seen them in several scifi and shootumup movies. They are advertized in Handloader and Rifle mags.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MAKATAK,
You mean one of these?
http://www.dlsports.com/npage5a.html

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
<reloaderman>
posted
WOW! nice gun.........nice price tag, also!
Thanks, guys

------------------
No matter where you go.........there you are!

<MAKATAK>
posted
It's similar but, but no cigar. Simonson Machine co., Gooding Id, 83330, 208-934-0910.

Also, Brownells has it for $349.00

D&L is a nice looking unit but for that price they should INCLUDE ALL the options. I get a 'tude when the rifle price is 6 large and they want 2 large more for pieces and parts. Lots of great, accurate rifles with benchrest actions and barrels for half that price.