New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77 pocket plate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The prototype plate is being made now. Once pictures are available I will post them here. I have had an offer for .470AR dummy rounds and expect they should be inbound to me soon. Is there anyone who could provide 3 .500AR dummy rounds, and anyone who could provide 3 either .375 or .416 Ruger (as they have the same parent case blank) dummy rounds to check depth? Please PM me and I will give you may address. It would be nice to check the required depth for all cartridges. I would be more then happy to repay shipping and will return them to you once I have finished with them.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in a new drop floorplate for the ruger RSM I have in 500 jeffery.
Lets get this done

Posts: 46 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one is being made for the MKII since that is what I have. However, if there is enough demand someone could take on developing one for the RSM also. The only real issue is the demand for them. There need to be enough orders to cover development and set up costs.

Fired .375 or .416 Ruger cases will work also for depth if anyone has three of them. The neck edge might get dinged though without a projectile in the cartridge. I will try and be careful with them.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
remember, the RSM has a different length floorplate

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but the design could likely be lengthened to a second design if enough people wanted them.

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Did, anyone start making these??

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM kcstott, it is his artwork. The MKII prototype exists and works fine as a 7mm Remington magnum. The RSM's stock doesn't fit me so I never moved in that direction. I'd be happy to send you any pics of the MKII pocket plate or answer any questions you may have. Kerry does really nice work. I believe he has been just too busy to make a run. The economy side tracked my funding the production of any and even my Ruger's conversion to .470 AR.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
It's not having a full CNC that's the issue.
A 2D machine makes production runs a pain. and my day job doesn't let me play like I want too.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I would love to see it again. I need it for a Hawkeye or a Mark II. Kcstott--is it something that you would do? How much? I would put the money up for a small production run--if it were reasonable-- I have access to a CNC--dont know much about CNC--but I think it is a 5 axis. Wish I had the know how.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote