New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who stocks the CZ Model 3?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend called tonight. His gunsmith mentor/friend (in his 80's) had been hearing about the MRC actions that the M3 is built on. As those rifles are being discontinued he heard of a deal on them and ordered one from his wholesaler (who never opened the box). This is a man who knows guns and wood, has built and sold rifles his whole working life, and apparently said that this rifle came with the most spectacular piece of wood he has ever seen on a rifle. He was serious. He is going to sell it to a wealthy long time client.

Anyway, my friend was very curious as to whether these came with better wood in general, where the wood came from, etc. I'll pass on any info folks can provide. No, I don't have a picture yet Frowner

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jay,
iirc, the cz 3 is the MRC long, which is more or less a model 70 long action. "American Walnut" does their stocks

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39696 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they're all MRC WSM's; curious as to whether CZ had internationally sourced the wood. Likely luck of the draw but to hear a guy like this rave (who just don't rave about anything) makes me think lightning struck on this one.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This came up a couple of months back. CZ3's were all 1999 SA's. The wood came form American Walnut.

At the time I called and purchased what I was told was the last Fancy RH stock they had, I think it was around $120 finished, checkered w/Pachmayr Dec.pad. Quite the deal.

MIne has some very nicely figured wood, not close to some of the stuff we see here but nicer thasn I've seen on a factory gun. More importantly the grain through the wrist is right.

The take a #3 contour. I'm thinking a nice boomer. Can a .376 Steyr be built on the 1999SA which is actually intermediate length?

Anyway, here's the original thread.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=161106234#161106234

Posts: 1691 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks a million for the help!

Jay Kolbe