Find
Notify
Tools

Stock style
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
What exactly is this style of stock called and where would one purchase it for a M98 project.

This stock is on a CZ 375 safari magnum.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the name for this style but I think of it as a very European stock design.

I've seen the style butt on many German and central European rifles; from Mausers to HK SL-7s. Browning used to sell a version of their A-bolt called the Eurobolt with this design stock IIRC.

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
HOGBACK

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
yep, it's a hogback ... designed for euro style shooting, which has the head in a more upright position than american shooting..

that particular stock would NOT work for a 98, though you could do one like it. the cz action is wider and longer, in the magnums, than a 98, and i believe even the mediums are wider

the cheekpiece is ugly, btw

go to gunbroker and do a search on cz 550

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The stock style is called hogsback or schweinsrucken, standard on a lot of CZs. Frequently used on German, and Eastern European rifles. I find it one of the most comfortable stocks in the world to shoot. Soaks up recoil, works for both iron sights and scope, intuitive to shoulder. I don't think you're likely to find a hogsback on its own, but you might be able to get one from CZ and adapt it, or find one on a vintage Mauser.

Posts: 515 | Location: AZ | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I had one on a Steyr mannlicher rifle that I later sold, it was similar to the Krico I had too. They were different but the Steyr was a quick rifle for shooting. I hated the plastic parts on the gun!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote