Find
Notify
Tools

375 H&H, 300 H&H, 98,surp. Project
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted
These are a couple miltary reworks. I cut the rear bridges off and made new ones. bolt handle changes on each. The bottom metal is a stand in made from a Legacy with the front wall moved ahead and a thick floorplate. I have blackburn bottoms for each. I left extra metal on the top of the bridges, I'll cut some off when it's time to do the rings. The actions started out as a standard Modell and 08 brazilian. They'll make good rifles, Wack and chop is kinda fun, Plain old Mauser at 9 am bolt handle and bridge by 5 am. It goes quick,
I've got 2 1/2 days in the two actions. that's bolt handles, bridges and thumb cuts filled. two actions. I want a T-shirt that says
GOT ER DID.C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\DCP_1300.JPGC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\DCP_1300.JPG
TIMAN

Posts: 1228 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
GOT ER DID.C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\DCP_1300.JPGC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\DCP_1300.JPG
TIMAN

If you were wanting to show a picture you will have to upload to a service and attach a link.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Tinman, If you'll send the pics my way I'll host them for you. snargfarg@aol.com

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timan

Why don't you go to Photobucket.com and open an account. Its free for the simple account, and a very reasonable couple bucks a month for the pro account. It is very easy to upload your photos to your account, and once you get that accomplished its very easy to then put those photos on your posts here on AR.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had BAD lug setback in an '08 I had made in 300 H&H. I think mainly because the 'smith was too lazy to file out the rear of the action and he took too much off the front behind the bottom lug recess.

A new VZ24 action and the proper work sorted it out. I would thought an 08 was too soft anyway for that sort of conversion.

If Chuck Norris dives into a swimming pool, he does not get wet. The swimming pool gets Chuck Norris.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
He fixed the problem and started another thread.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/875108555

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote