New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 rebarrel to 300 win mag problem?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
would there be any problem converting a 375 to 300 win mag such as feeding? It would be a push feed action.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Go for the H&H and you'll have the slickest feeding rifle in town!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1413 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
no .. or load 225gr hornady SP made for the 376 steyr and have a heck of a pig deer elk gun

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No problem from a technical perspective, but you are going in the wrong direction from a bullet diameter one. ".30 calibers are good pest guns" Elmer said. Maybe; I loaned out my Elmer book to a friend and he never returned it.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies I am trying to find my friend a left hand bolt rifle. found one in 375 but has had the barrel cut to 20", was wondering if he would have problems if he rebarreled to 300 win mag as he already shoots one in a BAR, afraid he will have problem with recoil in the 375. Thanks again

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
No problem at all. Actually better than going the other way around esp. if you hand load -. the extra magazine length allows for longer COAL, which with all the monometal bullets out there is a plus.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1439 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote