Find
Notify
Tools

Stocks for intermediate-length Mauser 98s
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Anyone have a drop-in stock they particularly like for the 24/47s, M48s, etc.?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16537 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Richards Microfit

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh hell no. Not Richards. For a drop in the Boyds though far from perfect is a better stock. The Richards are not drop ins yet their inletting is so "generous".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poleax:
Oh hell no. Not Richards. For a drop in the Boyds though far from perfect is a better stock. The Richards are not drop ins yet their inletting is so "generous".

Don't hold your breath trying to get anything special from Boyds. I've had a JRS laminate for a MK-X Mauser on order with them since late February. I called them again (3rd time) the first of the month for an update on the status of the order. Now get this, I spoke with the Sales Mgr, and he told me to call back after the week of 17 July (when he's back from his vacation) and see if they might have it scheduled for production. An excellent example of piss poor customer service.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not that I'd order another Boyds but Midway has them in stock for the M48. The one that I ordered came mucho pronto. Maybe the key is that the M48 is regular production and not special? Nayway, my impression was that they were better inletted than Richards. If you think your treatment at Boyds was bad, try Richards. Their order department is a laugh.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
...try Richards. Their order department is a laugh.

without a doubt, one of the truest things ever said on AR

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38638 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
...try Richards. Their order department is a laugh.

without a doubt, one of the truest things ever said on AR

jeffe

Been there, done that (more than once). It's sad, some of the outfits out there make The Three Stooges look serious.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you were unlucky. I've also had good luck with Boyd's promptness (1 order).

I've heard good things about their stocks, with the exception of the 03 Springfield stocks they sell.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only way to get assured results from Richards is to speak to Richard PERSONALLY! HE once told me hiring in-laws was akin to "hiring the handicapped,,,,they`re fun to watch!" Call him and talk to him--not some person who is VERY hard to understand--and you`ll get results.

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bohica:
The only way to get assured results from Richards is to speak to Richard PERSONALLY! HE once told me hiring in-laws was akin to "hiring the handicapped,,,,they`re fun to watch!" Call him and talk to him--not some person who is VERY hard to understand--and you`ll get results.

Aloha, Mark

I actually like the guys that work there, or at least one of them. It's just their work I don't like. Even if you speak to Richard, I didn't know the son was named Richard, he doesn't cut the stocks, the guys in the back do.

Besides, why go through all that trouble for such a dated stock? I thought white line spacers went out decades ago?

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote