New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Martini, where are you
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been trying to contact Mr. Martini for over a month, I get his answering machine but no call back or e- mail response. What's up????

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure, but, I suspect he and Mandy are probably away on vacation as I called 3-4 times in the past couple of weeks and only got the machine, as well. I am sure he will return soon and be as frantically busy as always.

I wish we could "clone" a few guys, like Ralf, Duane Weibe, Jim Wisner and D'Arcy Echols, we could use a dozen of each!

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Ralf the end of June and he was heading to South Africa for a hunt. I traded emails with Mandy about a week ago, I think Ralph may be back in a few days.

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm Ralph hosed me on a deal a couple of years ago so he is not high on my list... Mad

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Cheap shot.
I'd trust Ralf with my cash, my kids and my projects. He's as honest as they come.

If you want to sully someone's reputation provide details and at least spell their name right.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow, i can't imagine Ralf or Mandy being anything but honest and staight forward. They are great people and have delt with them in the past. I wish I could have gone forward with the rifle he and I built in our heads. I will, in the near future, have him build my dream 06, without hesitation.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

I'd trust Ralf with my cash, my kids and my projects. He's as honest as they come.

+1

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHC_TX:
quote:

+1

Last year at the ACGG Show a group of us were going to go out and he was a part of the the group and I decided not to go. Had several conversations about an action he was to provide to my Smith (couple of years ago) who was on a couple of the telecons. Bottom line he did not produce the action nor did he ever apologize to me or my Smith’s. The rifle was to have been as the primary “show rifle” for the next year’s ACGG show.

To this day he has never said a word and he knows who I am as well as both of my Smiths who were going to build the rifle as a joint effort. Bought a absolutely sick blank and even the tube that would have been used. Yes he is a very nice guy and does good work. The word I got was that he had finished rifles to get out and this was about the time that he and Hagn split the sheets so he had some issues to deal with.

I only use the best and you get one chance and he screwed it up. Would have loved to have the rifle ---- had it planned out and was Really looking forward to shooting it!!!! It was not to be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
Hmmmmm Ralph hosed me on a deal a couple of years ago so he is not high on my list... Mad

I know quite a few very knowledgable gun nuts here in BC who would, as I do, take great unbrage with that remark. My experience with Ralf and Mandy has been most pleasant and helpful and I consider them to be very fine people.

He gets busy, gets behind and sometimes cannot meet deadlines, the guy is human and your attack here is chickenshit.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dewey:
quote:

I know quite a few very knowledgable gun nuts here in BC who would, as I do, take great unbrage with that remark. My experience with Ralf and Mandy has been most pleasant and helpful and I consider them to be very fine people.

He gets busy, gets behind and sometimes cannot meet deadlines, the guy is human and your attack here is chickenshit.

Sorry but you were not on the various telecons when commitments were made so it seems that you do not know what you are talking about now does it????

Ralph can come on here and explain to make it all clear --- sorry but I speak the truth and sometimes it hurts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of Drama queen gossip Roll Eyes

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry but you were not on the various telecons when commitments were made so it seems that you do not know what you are talking about now does it????

Ralph can come on here and explain to make it all clear --- sorry but I speak the truth and sometimes it hurts.

MY point is that you simply slagged Ralf in the post I responded to without any explanation and that, IMO, was an ignorant and pizzant way to deal with whatever your issues with him are.

FACTS, are one thing, but, ...the truth..., well, it is highly subjective and appears differently to different individuals. It WAS a cheap shot and you can rant all you want to, but, that is that.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Did you ever put down a deposit?

quote:

quote:
Last year at the ACGG Show a group of us were going to go out and he was a part of the the group and I decided not to go. Had several conversations about an action he was to provide to my Smith (couple of years ago) who was on a couple of the telecons. Bottom line he did not produce the action nor did he ever apologize to me or my Smith’s. The rifle was to have been as the primary “show rifle” for the next year’s ACGG show.

To this day he has never said a word and he knows who I am as well as both of my Smiths who were going to build the rifle as a joint effort. Bought a absolutely sick blank and even the tube that would have been used. Yes he is a very nice guy and does good work. The word I got was that he had finished rifles to get out and this was about the time that he and Hagn split the sheets so he had some issues to deal with.

I only use the best and you get one chance and he screwed it up. Would have loved to have the rifle ---- had it planned out and was Really looking forward to shooting it!!!! It was not to be.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was hunting plains game with Ralf in S.A. last week. I got back Friday and I think Ralf and Jim Boyd are arriving back around Thursday as Ralf was stating in Frankfurt to visit with his parents.Sometimes Ralf doesn't answer the phone because he would be on the phone all day and never get any work done. Best to call him first thing in the morning before he gets started for the day.

Posts: 151 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona  | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

MY point is that you simply slagged Ralf in the post I responded to without any explanation and that, IMO, was an ignorant and pizzant way to deal with whatever your issues with him are.

FACTS, are one thing, but, ...the truth..., well, it is highly subjective and appears differently to different individuals. It WAS a cheap shot and you can rant all you want to, but, that is that.

Sorry but a commitment is a commitment is it not---had several conversations about it during the year as stated above with my Smith participating on some of the calls. All of what I said is true and Ralph can respond accordingly. He knows who I am and very much who the Smiths in question are. I will wait for his response if he cares to make one. Kind of figured many would get their panties in a wad but that is the way it goes. Let’s just wait until Ralph weighs in on this and then you can throw more rocks should you deem it necessary.

Otherwise, you are just beating your head on the wall and at the end of the day you will just have a headache. Until Ralph posts Personally about this I have nothing more to say so go ahead and let loose with a broadside if it makes you feel better!

I will not be visiting this thread because there is nothing more to say that has not been said on my part. Hell the guy does great work otherwise I would not have been using his action and forend metal and yes his completed rifles are some of the best I have ever seen!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
So, did you or did you not put down a deposit?

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

no deposit, no deal -- words are words, and frankly, not saying YOU, most people hear lots of "commitments" without cash.

Hosed on a deal doesn't mean he didn't make an action you didn't pay for.

I can understand how you may have felt you had a "deal" .. but without $$, you didn't have a deal to get hosed ON

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39665 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally about this I have nothing more to say so go ahead and let loose with a broadside if it makes you feel better!

I will not be visiting this thread because there is nothing more to say that has not been said on my part.

Apparently "nothing more to say" just means in public

Kevin,
if the guy had something actionable, he would have, if his past threats have any merit.

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39665 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Boss Hoss, given your posting history, my theory is that RALF had enough conversations with you to figure out he didn't want to deal with you - so he didn't.

You may have been hosed but it sounds as though it was self-administered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a barrel from Ralf at an ACGG show, after he spent about an hour with me helping to finalize details of the rifle. He wasn't even going to be doing the whole build, but he still spent quite a bit of time with me.

After the conversation, I almost had to become adamant that he accept a deposit.

He then delivered a beautiful barrel exactly when he said he would.

I found him to be a gentleman, quite open and honest, and a very interesting guy with quite an impressive background. I can't wait to do business with him again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
'Zactly

quote:
Boss Hoss, given your posting history, my theory is that RALF had enough conversations with you to figure out he didn't want to deal with you - so he didn't.

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+2

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sez it all, BH needs to STFU!

posted Hide Post
Hello Boss Hogg ,

Ralf is too busy to respond to your claims of getting "Hosed " as he is building rifles for serious people who put their money where their mouuths are , so to speak .
As far as your getting hosed remark ...................... Does he owe you a deposit ?? Does he have something belonging to you that he is not returning ?
This should really be sorted out as hosing people is never a good way to do business and it is doubtful your allegations have any merit .
Please .....Being an internet tough guy is so not cool ((: why dont you just get out on the highways and let loose with a little road rage ??????