Find
Notify
Tools

Cadd drawings..
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted
Does anyone have an Cadd, solidworks, mastercam drawings for a double square bridge mauser action and bottom metal..

I know there is one out there somewhere and it would save me so much time over reverse engineering one..

Thank You, John

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
It so happens I do, but it's not for public consumption......sorry Smiler

Besides, revearse engineering tends to teach you a lot about what makes them tick. Not to mention, it also allows you to make modifications to the existing design that promotes a better overall product, coupled with easier methods of manufacturing. This is of course dependent on the fact that your changes are in fact upgrades and not vise versa.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply.. I am going to start on the reverse engineering after this outage is over. We just want to see if we can build one from scratch between knife projects..

John

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad Starcevich
posted Hide Post
Ropes, This is an interesting project. I'm an engineer and proficient with both SolidWorks and AutoCAD. It occurs to me that a good starting point may be to locate some paper drawings of the Mauser action and proceed from there. I have to think that given the longevity of the Mauser action, there HAS to be some drawings floating around out there. At least these would serve as a guide for your own research. Just my $0.03 worth.
Best, Starcharvski.
www.starcevich.org

Posts: 135 | Location: St. Charles, IL USA | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If your able to use these cadd systems, grab a receiver and a caliber and start drawing. I was trained on Unigraphs and have been using rhino3d for my shop work for years. You shouldn't have to find drawings. Create your own.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt and Mark

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider the most difficult machining operations in manufacturing a mauser action?

The reason I ask is becasue I can look at a pristine 1909 Argentine Action that I have in my possession, and know it was made around that time, when for sure there were no CADD programs and no CNC machining centers. So, in my ignorance, it would seem to me that someone with no CADD experience but with good manual machining skills could actually manufacture his or her own action.

Again, what would be the most difficult operation to perform.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
as a mauser is a true 5 axis operation... (at least) hahving these come off a 3 axis machine and work correctly, item to item, would be raher difficult.

I remember reading once that there were 139 different machine operations to a 1903... i would expect there to be fewer, but not by much, in a mauser.

Designing it in most cad/cam programs (just autocad and solidworks/solidcam experience for me) would be a nightmare.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the most interesting surface to cut on a Mauser receiver is the lower camming surface, in the receiver ring, on the ejection port side if you're using manual equipment. If you're using the machines we have available today, CNC and wire EDM, we have an advanage over the manufactures of the past.

I'm not sure at this point if it's going to come off, but I might be teaching rhino3d cadd in 2006 at Trinidad State College, along with a basic barrel fitting class.