New
Find
Notify
Tools

KBI Gone - Charles Daly?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guess we all knew it would come sooner or later, but has anyone heard if their lines will be picked up by others? Wanted one of the little Sharps rifles, but now have to look elsewhere. Was also hoping they would get the contract back for the Mini-Mausers.

Daly site with goodbye letter

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly® and CD Defense™. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeffe - Revised the title.

Was also trying to find out what was happening with both, are they going to sell out their inventories or are they holding on for a buyer?

Could definitely impact whether or not I plan to purchase something now or later.

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SmallCal:

I mentioned this on the single shots some months back, that the CD Little Sharps were being cleared out. There are still some available pretty cheap NIB on GB but not in the more desirable (to me) calibers of .30-30 or .38-55. I bought a couple of scopes for them, post my GB purchases of Little Sharps in December. You can still get them from Leatherwood, I believe.

Bottom line, I don't think there is any real quantity of inventory left to clear out, but this is just an opinion, not real knowledge.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I have 2 KBI marked guns,an FEG hipower,and a charles daly 98 mauser.Shame.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote