New
Find
Notify
Tools

what do you really hunt with?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
This year I'll be breaking in my Model 70 .338 on elk in Utah. Handloads of 225 North Forks. Deer hunting will be split between my custom 7x57 Mauser with 140 gr. Partitions, 870 slug gun and Lightfield slugs, T/C .50 Renagade shooting 385 gr Maxi's, and 65# PSE Compound depending on season and location. Michigan whitetails aren't very exotic but the season is 3 solid months long. Nights are getting cooler and I can't wait.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
The last 5-6 years it`s been a SS M700 DM in 260 Rem with a leopuld VXll. I`ve a Kimber M84 in the same caliber I`m thinking more and more of that will probably follow me this year.

Prior to that I used a Shilen SS bbl`ed M700 with a Burris compact 2x7 in a pillar bedded MPI stock in 7-08.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I'll be using my Transitional 300 HH (180 gn Partitions) and bringing my Ruger '06 (180 grn A-Frames) as a backup for mule deer here in Oregon and in Montana.

In Zim next May for buff I'll be taking my ruger 458 Lott (500 grn A-Frames and Woodleigh Solids) and Transitional 375 HH (300 grn A-Frames and Woodleigh Solids).

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
For the last three years, a sporterized 8x57 Mauser.

That rifle is being reworked/rebarreled to 6.5x55 and should be ready soon.

I'm also ready to finish my M98 30-06 project.

I also have a Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk 1 that's too accurate to leave at home and would probably make a fine deer killer too.

So I guess I'll have a little assortment to choose from this fall. What a terrible position to be in?...

Tex

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote