New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako 75 -- can you believe this???!!!!! *UPDATE*
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a NEW Sako 75 LH Hunter the other day and guess what? THE FRIGGIN' STOCK HAS A CRACK IN IT!!!!! This is a brand-new rifle, in the factory packaging, and there's a MOTHER F'N CRACK IN THE FOREND!!!!! I could MAYBE swallow this a little easier if it were a USED gun, or even a new gun that was around half the price of a Sako.

Off it goes to Beretta sometime later today.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
So what? Haven't you ever had anything damaged in transit before? Or do you want to start another Sako bashing thread by insinuating that it was shipped like that from Sako? If Beretta/Sako won't make it right then you will have a bitch with them. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim White:
So what? Haven't you ever had anything damaged in transit before?
It was NOT damaged in transit.

quote:
Or do you want to start another Sako bashing thread by insinuating that it was shipped like that from Sako?
It WAS shipped like that from BerettaUSA. Do you possibly have a financial interest in defending them, vice hearing the whole story?

quote:
If Beretta/Sako won't make it right then you will have a bitch with them. Jim
We'll see. I'm sending it back later today. Took nearly 20 minutes on hold before I could get through to Beretta's customer service this morning. Not exactly impressive, especially when it was 9:05 in the A.M. Eastern when I called.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
let us know how they handle the problem.Where did you
buy the gun?

Hunt as long as you can
As hard as you can.
You may not get tommorrow.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
I bought a NEW Sako 75 LH Hunter the other day and guess what? THE FRIGGIN' STOCK HAS A CRACK IN IT!!!!! This is a brand-new rifle, in the factory packaging, and there's a MOTHER F'N CRACK IN THE FOREND!!!!! I could MAYBE swallow this a little easier if it were a USED gun, or even a new gun that was around half the price of a Sako.

Off it goes to Beretta sometime later today.

Why didn't you FRIGGIN' check it out at the store where you bought it?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Why didn't you FRIGGIN' check it out at the store where you bought it?

George
Uh, because it was difficult to see in that setting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffP:
let us know how they handle the problem.Where did you
buy the gun?
I bought it from a direct dealer near Wichita, Kansas and had a dealer here receive it for me.

Other than the excessive hold time, Beretta was actually pretty understanding. I was a little concerned that their parts inventory for left-handed guns might require them to send the gun to Finland, but the representative with whom I spoke said they could replace the stock, no problem, two to four weeks. In my experience, that's pretty reasonable. I also asked about getting a reimbursement for shipping, since this is a NEW gun and I believe it to have a defect. The representative said that that would be no problem either. Keeping my fingers crossed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
can't you take it back to where you bought and get another

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
couldn't happen to a nicer guy Smiler

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gringo Cazador:
can't you take it back to where you bought and get another
The thought crossed my mind. Since the guy is a direct dealer, he doesn't keep the LH guns in his inventory, just orders them as required. That would take just about as long as me just sending the gun to Beretta.

OPEN NOTE TO THE BERETTA AND SAKO OBSESSANTS:

I'm not trying to "trash" Beretta or Sako, but I am a little concerned. I've had other defective guns, like WINCHESTER and RUGER, and other than it being annoying as all get out to have to send in a new gun right off the bat, I don't have any doubt that things will be put right. At least it's not right near deer season, right?

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
What do you mean it wasn't damaged in transit? Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that Beretta/Sako deliberately packaged up a rifle with a broken stock and shipped it to a distributor? How else could it have been broken if it wasn't in transit?
And yes I do have a financial interest in defending them. I'm President and CEO of Beretta USA.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you mean it wasn't damaged in transit?
I mean it wasn't damaged in transit. Is that too hard to understand?

quote:
Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that Beretta/Sako deliberately packaged up a rifle with a broken stock and shipped it to a distributor?
Yep. Your "logic" is akin to Winchester/USRA's service department. I sent a Model 70 in for repair a few years ago and it came back with a scratched/gouged stock. I complained and they tried to play it off on their pals at UPS. Kind of funny that the scratches and gouges were uniform on either side of the stock and looked oddly like teeth on vise jaws. Ain't that CRAZY???

quote:
How else could it have been broken if it wasn't in transit?
I'd imagine someone of your ilk was handling the QA and packaging.

quote:
And yes I do have a financial interest in defending them. I'm President and CEO of Beretta USA.
I could tell from your rather articulate posts and profile location.

one of us
posted Hide Post
JSG, A buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him. His broken stocked 75 Hunter returned as a Deluxe model. Maybe yours will too. FYI the Deluxe model that he got sent back is on the shelf out in El Reno if you want to see it. I traded my freind for it and then to Gene Sears Supply........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's another one. I went down to my favorite local merchant of death and he says to me " Just a minute, I have something you've GOT to see" He goes in the back and brings out a brand, spanking new CZ model 3 in 300 WSM. Beautiful gun, except somethin' just ain't quite right..... It's a left hand action, in a right hand stock. I couldn't believe it. How did it ever get by the quality control people.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
JSG, A buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him. His broken stocked 75 Hunter returned as a Deluxe model. Maybe yours will too. FYI the Deluxe model that he got sent back is on the shelf out in El Reno if you want to see it. I traded my freind for it and then to Gene Sears Supply........DJ
That would be nice!!!! All bitching aside, I don't anticipate any problems, but I always figured that Sakos were priced as they were because of the extra attention to detail. When I saw the crack I thought, WTF???!!!!! So it goes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sbsmith:
Here's another one. I went down to my favorite local merchant of death and he says to me " Just a minute, I have something you've GOT to see" He goes in the back and brings out a brand, spanking new CZ model 3 in 300 WSM. Beautiful gun, except somethin' just ain't quite right..... It's a left hand action, in a right hand stock. I couldn't believe it. How did it ever get by the quality control people.
That's pretty out there.

My dad told a pretty good one about someone he knew back in the '60s. A guy bought a new Model 70 around 1961 or so in .308 WCF and couldn't get it to shoot worth a damn. The bullets kept keyholing regardless of load. Finally he took it to the store where he bought it. Turned out that the barrel was actually a .358 WCF, but was marked .308 along with the box and literature that came with it. You'd think SOMEONE, including the owner, would've caught that. FYI, I believe the shop that sold the gun was the original Mashburn Arms of Oklahoma City.

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Just some guy,
I hope Beretta tells you to put your rifle where the sun don't shine. And why don't you try an aeronautical intercourse with a motivating piece of pastry.
I'm glad we've had this little discourse on your problems with Sako as I can now add you to my list of people I have run into during my life that has acheived perfection. You are a perfect ASSHOLE and I can now add you to my ignore list. Friggen Moron

"O" = zero

NRA life member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just some guy,
I hope Beretta tells you to put your rifle where the sun don't shine. And why don't you try an aeronautical intercourse with a motivating piece of pastry.
I'm glad we've had this little discourse on your problems with Sako as I can now add you to my list of people I have run into during my life that has acheived perfection. You are a perfect ASSHOLE and I can now add you to my ignore list. Friggen Moron
Hugs and kisses right back at ya, big boy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quoteing Jim White,

quote:
You are a pefect ASSHOLE and I can now add you to my ignore list. FRIGGEN MORON.

Yes indeed, freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, it makes it easier to spot morons.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Just some guy...

I recently bought a 338 Winchester Classic that had a crack in the stock, right in front of the most forward screw. Sent it back to Winchester, they replaced the stock, with a nicer piece of wood, no problems at all.

I don't know why you've got your panties all wadded up. If you didn't see the gun before you bought it, then that's your fault. boohoo Berretta will probably fix it for you, kind of to bad they can't see this thread though first... Eeker Maybe they would take their sweet time... troll

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBabcock:
I don't know why you've got your panties all wadded up.
Just as I don't know why you assume I do. Talk is cheap and it don't cost nothin' to post here. Get someone to read my posts to you: I've made it abundantly clear that Beretta is getting their chance to make it right. I'm just a little incredulous that I'm having to do this with a Sako.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be nice when talking about who will be doing the warranty work on your rifle. Maybe it will blow up when you get it back and finally get to shoot it..Kidding. lolAleft hand rifle in a right hand stock, those would make some good pictures.

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it's all a mystery to me.
These Sakos are presumably shipped (literaly)
from Finland or somewhere, cold, heat, thumps,
etc. I've heard here that Customs (may) open
'em up and thump the hell out of them to see if
the trigger is safe, etc.
So if there was an invisable fault in the wood
when it left the factory, perhaps it opened up
as it "aged".
Then I hear of Sako as though they are infalable, when we are really talking about
an employee having an off day.
Anyway I can simpathise with anyone not seeing
a fault at the pickup point. Light may be bad,
looking at everything at once, going Ooh, ahh,
how nice it looks, etc., plus who'da thought?
JL.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Public listing of President/CEO of Beretta USA
http://www.hoovers.com/beretta-usa/--ID__132373--/freeuk-co-factsheet.xhtml

Hunt as long as you can
As hard as you can.
You may not get tommorrow.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you mean it wasn't damaged in transit? Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that Beretta/Sako deliberately packaged up a rifle with a broken stock and shipped it to a distributor? How else could it have been broken if it wasn't in transit?

Mr. White, I personally do not believe that Beretta intentionally shipped anyone a cracked stock. But it could have been an inadvertent oversight, or it could have happened in shipping. In business, the unexpected happens. What really matters is that the company will make it right quickly, so that others can buy from Beretta with full confidence in the product and the company.

Best wishes.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Jeff, You've got to much time on your hands. I was obviously being facetious when I said I was president and CEO of Beretta/USA. Wink

"O" = zero

NRA life member

One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Just another guy, You brought this whole thing on yourself. If you have a problem, it's much easier solved when your cool calm and collected. That way your panties don't get all twisted up and restrict you brain functions. You opened with a tiraid of profanity about Sako and never gave them a chance to remedy the situation before you crucified them publicly. You sound like a person that has emotional problems and don't get along with his wife. You really need to slow down and control your temper because all the cussing and ranting right from the get go made me loose respect for you. You really sounded like a democrat looking for weapons of mass destruction. Calm down and you'll see that life is much more pleasant and you get surounded by more good people that appreciate you as a cool dude. Try it, it really works, it did for me.

After all that ranting and raving Sako did tell you that they would make it right with you. Be nice and give them a chance to do what's right, make you happy even after all the KAKA you put out about them internationally on this forum.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Spike56
posted Hide Post
I love reading this stuff!
Humans going at it with words and not guns is boring, take it out in the street like the Old West. gunsmile

Posts: 19 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was obviously being facetious when I said I was president and CEO of Beretta/USA.
Really? You seem so......."witty."

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olcrip:
Just another guy, You brought this whole thing on yourself.
Brought what upon myself? I just stated what I saw. If someone wants to comment, then by all means do so. Discussion is always enjoyable.

quote:
If you have a problem, it's much easier solved when your cool calm and collected. That way your panties don't get all twisted up and restrict you brain functions.
And I think I stated that I contacted BerettaUSA and described my problem and my concern (could they replace the stock without having to send it back to Finland). You weren't privy to the conversation, so you'll just have to take my word for it that there was no hand-wringing and bitching. Other than the hold time, the BerettaUSA representative was a total professional and very pleasant on the telephone.

quote:
You opened with a tiraid of profanity about Sako and never gave them a chance to remedy the situation before you crucified them publicly.
No one was crucified. It was more of a statement of "I can't believe this." You're jumping to conclusions way too fast.

quote:
You sound like a person that has emotional problems and don't get along with his wife. You really need to slow down and control your temper because all the cussing and ranting right from the get go made me loose respect for you.
You really need to sit down and read the posts in this thread and put them all into context. Then decide who wears their emotions on their sleeve.

quote:
After all that ranting and raving Sako did tell you that they would make it right with you. Be nice and give them a chance to do what's right, make you happy even after all the KAKA you put out about them internationally on this forum.
There wasn't anything derogatory posted by me in this discussion with regard to Sako. Can you offer proof otherwise?

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Robert, God hates you and you're obviously being punishedSmiler Hang in there......

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
JSG, Why don't you get back on your meds and take a break for a few days and when your feeling better see if you can make a post that is rational and doesn't slander someone or something. You're wound up tighter than bulls ass at cutting time.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
JSG, Why don't you get back on your meds and take a break for a few days and when your feeling better see if you can make a post that is rational and doesn't slander someone or something. You're wound up tighter than bulls ass at cutting time.
You seem like someone who'd know a little bit about asses.

one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, some folks on this thread seem to have "issues".

Don't worry, be happy, spring is just around the corner. Smiler

Reminds me of democraps the day ater the election.

Back to the still.

Spelling, I don't need no stinkin spelling

The older I get, the better I was.

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
It would appear that Mr. Jim White simply does not like or appreciate JSG's problems with his SAKO or probably any other problem JSG may have now or in the future. That is most difficult to understand since everyone on this forum knows, and I mean really, really, knows, just how kind, considerate, helfull, sensitive, diplomatic JSG is at all times and on all subjects. JSG and his problems with the SAKO is probably amazed that others in this conversation do not sympathize with his plight.
JSG, I know this is going to come as a total shock to you, but I would venture that there are lines and rows of people here and elsewhere that could give a rats ass about any problems you may have and before the sun sets and rises that number will multiply by several fold!! I will not dwell on sayings such as "you reap what you sow...," and "what goes around comes around..." but conclude that you might want to consider a very large "attitude adjustment program" if you really want your fellow man to give a damn about your problems.
dsiteman

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiteman:
Hello,
It would appear that Mr. Jim White simply does not like or appreciate JSG's problems with his SAKO or probably any other problem JSG may have now or in the future. That is most difficult to understand since everyone on this forum knows, and I mean really, really, knows, just how kind, considerate, helfull, sensitive, diplomatic JSG is at all times and on all subjects. JSG and his problems with the SAKO is probably amazed that others in this conversation do not sympathize with his plight.
JSG, I know this is going to come as a total shock to you, but I would venture that there are lines and rows of people here and elsewhere that could give a rats ass about any problems you may have and before the sun sets and rises that number will multiply by several fold!! I will not dwell on sayings such as "you reap what you sow...," and "what goes around comes around..." but conclude that you might want to consider a very large "attitude adjustment program" if you really want your fellow man to give a damn about your problems.
dsiteman
I'm sure there are many who speak highly of you as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It all gets back to the fact that no one has to
read much of a post if they don't want to, and
certainly no one need answer one they don't like
unless they just want an arguement.
But it sure is a big shock/disapointment when your new toy is broke, and one has to wait all over again, to get it.
JL

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
And that's what I was talking about. When you wait and save, it just downright bad to find it with a defect.

And some of the "others" must have non related issues.

Back to the still.

Spelling, I don't need no stinkin spelling

The older I get, the better I was.

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mc:
And that's what I was talking about. When you wait and save, it just downright bad to find it with a defect.

And some of the "others" must have non related issues.

I hope you've calmed some of them down, and by
your photo, if you get much older, you would have been perfect. :-)
JL

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I got my Sako back yesterday with a new stock on it. Here's the timeline from when I mailed it:

February 14th -- Sent to Beretta USA via U.S. Postal Service.

February 23rd -- Received letter of acknowledgement from Beretta USA.

April 6th -- Received gun with new stock.

I'm really impressed with Beretta on this deal. Prior to sending it I spoke with their service department and asked if I could get my hard case returned that I was using for shipping and if it were possible to get a reimbursement on the shipping costs since this was a NEW gun (vice one that had been used for a number of years prior to showing a defect).

They said no problem, they could return the hard case and if I submitted a detailed list of costs incurred due to returning the gun, they would be happy to reimburse me. They returned the hard case okay, but I didn't receive any reimbursement. I called Beretta USA's service department around 4:15 in the P.M. EDT yesterday afternoon and spoke to Carlton, who advised me to fax in my receipts. Carlton called back today and left a message stating that they had received the receipts and would be processing a check for full reimbursement!!!!

NOW THAT'S SERVICE!!!!!

All in all, I'm tickled to pieces with the way Beretta USA handled this entire warranty issue. I'm definitely much obliged to those folks.