Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with a stock
 Login/Join

posted
Please can anyone tell me where i can get a synthetic stock for a Ruger M77 MK11 458 LOTT. I have tried just about everyone i can think of and find on google and NO one seems to make one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bell & Carlson list stocks for the Ruger 77 MKII
1-(620)225-6688

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the rsm mark ii 77 is NOT a "77" action. . it is the ruger safari magnum action. there isn't an off the shelf that will fit it. none.

the rsm is about .75 longer, and 3/8 wider, than a m77

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
the rsm mark ii 77 is NOT a "77" action. . it is the ruger safari magnum action. there isn't an off the shelf that will fit it. none.

the rsm is about .75 longer, and 3/8 wider, than a m77

This is what i have found out the hard way slso! Can you tell me anyone who i could contact to possible make one?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you called McMillan or any of the other makers like MPI (if you like their stuff) since they also offer lots of options?

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I guess I've been hanging out on AR to long. Over the years I've seens several posts like this looking for a synthetic stock for a Ruger Safari Magnum which is not a standard 77 action. Every post has had the same result - nobody makes one. If you do find such a stock please let us all know. With Ruger discontinuing the RSM the odds of finding such a stock are getting worse.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2331 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call McMillan with the dimensions of the action, they can tell you if any of their blank stocks can be made to fit. I buy "flat top" blanks every so often and machine/fill to fit actions that semi inlet or drop in stocks don't exist.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, no U.S. stock manufacturer will ship to Zimbabwe.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
MPI can custom bed one for you. They will need to find an equivalent barreled action to yours in the US to use and then there might be some minor adjustments once you get it due to variations in the casting finish, etc below the stock line. They can recommend which of there patterns to start with.

McMillian might be able to do the same.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
For what it's worth, no U.S. stock manufacturer will ship to Zimbabwe.

George

??? Myabe I missed it, but how do we know that Siliwane is located in Zim?

I had guessed that Siliwane is the Rodeo star who posted here on AR a few years back under a similar handle.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote