New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enfield P17 action...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw an Enfield P17 action in a gun store today, going for $200. It looked to be in pretty good shape. Is there any market or desire for these? I have no need for it. I put it up here if anyone is looking for one. I can PM to you the contact information as to where to get it...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
two bills is high.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
two bills is high.

Then that's the end of this thread...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
original, worked over, or all bubbaed up?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39696 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
two bills is high.

so offer them less...

Pawn shops always post "Pie High in the Sky" prices.

Cash on the barrel, will usually allow me to purchase something about 40 to 50% of the asking price...

especially last day of the month, or quarter when they want to get it off their books..

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
original, worked over, or all bubbaed-up?

I am no expert in old actions. It looks pretty good, to my untrained eye. It has most of its color still on it. What I think is the extractor is very black. I didn't look at it close enough to jot down any numbers on it. It's not in a pawn shop. It's in a gun store...

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
My brother picked up a complete P17 for $175. It's 30-06 and is about as accurate as you can ask for in the shape it's in.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My brother picked up a complete P17 for $175.

The tag on the one I saw says it's a large ring. If your brother got a whole one for $175, then $200 for just the action is way out of line...

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm wrong But i believe they only come in one ring size. Large but not as large as a LR mauser. The P17 is 1.355" ring diameter

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
If it's tight AND you had a need for it pronto, 200 bucks might be a starting point for negotiations.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
1st question from me would be is it a Winchester, remington or Eddystone. Yes Remington owned Eddystone but Eddystones are at the bottom as far as P-17 are concerned. With Winchester being the one to get..

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
You guys are driving me F....nuts, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A P 17.

The Brits used the P #s.

The Model 1917, was a US service rifle, it was never called a P anythiung.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Yeah and an Ought six is a .30-06 But that's what some call it. hilbily

www.KLStottlemyer.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:

The Brits used the P #s.

Keith

I was recently informed the British produced some 1917's and did indeed designate them as P17's. Doesn't really bother me much either way. If the designation brings the correct item to mind, it's served it's purpose. When someone says "P17", a big, ugly action with a dogleg bolt handle and big ears protecting the rear sight, pops into my head. So, it seems that designation works for me.
P17 or not, one of these actions, unaltered, is a solid fifty dollar action. I have two P14's I picked up at auctions for 25 dollars each. I would have gone to fifty if I had to! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3780 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Sorry to butt in, but just for those that don't know, the P stands for pattern (P14-Pattern 14) and the M stands Model (M17- Model 17)

........just my one ands a half cents worth (after tax)

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:

The Brits used the P #s.

Keith

P-17, P-17, P-17, P-17, P-17 ,P-17 Couldn't resist, I read a article about this and well you are right but it has been called P-17 before you were thought same goes for me... So how do you say SAKO???

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Finland, "Socko".

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote