THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjusting Old Model Savage Triggers?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody got any tips for adjusting the old model 110 type triggers short of replacing with aftermarket triggers? I've never dinked around with one of them and have one now to play with that definitely needs work! Remingtons are a piece of cake to get to 18-24 oz but I've never messed with a Savage and just wondering about them! All help appreciated! Charlie (GHD)

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Frank de Haas's book "Bolt Action Rifles" has good, clear, instructions for adjusting those triggers. Stewart Otteson's book "The Bolt Action - Volume II" has a pretty good description and sketches of how the trigger assembly works, but does not provide the useful adjustment instructions of the de Haas book, IMHO.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey GHD, I thought someone would have jumped on this by now.

Does it have the " L " shaped wire Trigger Spring?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Do a google search on that, and look for "file cutting additional notches" and then I think rifle basics makes a replacment.

about the best i've ever gotten a savage trigger is about the worst of a remington.
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do a Google search on "Tuning a Savage Trigger". I'm pretty sure there's a snipe site that has all of the info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ck out
http://www.savageshooters.com/
I have found some good info.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I went and did the search deal and found a pretty good article on it and I got it down to a bit over 3 lbs with no creep so that will suffice for a hunting rifle! And it slams without firing and there's no creep so I guess I'll try it like that awhile! It's one of those "Stevens 200" in 25-06 and I was impressed by getting a .707" 3 shot group using Remington factory 100 grain loads while doing barrel break-in! It might be a good little cheap rifle! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote