Find
Notify
Tools

Hagn Single Shot Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Does anyone have a website or address for the maker of this action? Thanks.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Vasa>
posted
Try:
Martini & Hagn
Box 444
Cranbrook, BC
V1C 4H9
Tel/Fax:250-489-4861 or Tel:250-489-2926

Check one out, you won't be disappointed.
Mr:s Hagn and Martini do not advertise much, they have their hands full filling all the orders.

Vasa

one of us
posted Hide Post
they are indeed a fine action.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41834 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent the weekend at a gun show with Rolf Martini and Martin Hagn and had a few drinks with the two of them on Saturday night. Those actions are incredible. Rolf had a number of them fitted with barrels. Some of them half round half octagon with full length ribs and the barrels were swamped. They were so damn nice looking. They are very gifted gunsmiths.

The actions sell for $2500. Five or 6 years ago they were $3000. Hard to beat that.

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have one. Are different sizes available? It's interesting that they have come down in price. I've noticed that on magnum Mausers too, no doubt because of increased supply.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Works of art, they are... my 2c.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The actions are available in different sizes. These are a neatly designed action which have been refined over the years. I especially like the trigger system. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3525 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Daryl Elder>
posted
I believe the reduction in price is commensurate with more streamlined and modern manufacturing techniques. Playing with that action on a rifle that Martin and Ralf have built is pure joy! Maybe, someday...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daryl,
You are right. Martin used to build these himself and has sold the rights to someone in Germany who now produces them. He still has access to them of course.

Chic

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Would the German manufacturer be Hartmann & Weiss? I've seen pictures of rifles they made with actions similar to Hagns. Also, the Shirley action, which I think is made in Great Britain, looks like the Hagn. Then there is the BAM, made in Oregon, which is also similar.