New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shilen triggers
 Login/Join

<Gary Rihn>
posted
Does anyone have any experience with Shilen triggers, particularly the 2 oz, three lever competition model? I'm thinking about putting one in a "target" M700. All of my experience is with Timney triggers in my hunting guns & Jewell triggers in my long range/target guns. I'm looking at the Shilen now though cause I can get the competition model for about half of the Jewell.

Thanks!

<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Gary,

I use them frequently in my long range and prairie dog rifles and like them a lot. And as you say they are 1/2 of the Jewells' in price but not in performance.

Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
I also use Shilen's competition triggers and am absolutely happy with them. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GARY,
I had a Shilen on my custom .300RUM. Could never get the "BUMP" out of it. Got my money back. I use their SS Ultra Select Match barrels on several of my fine rifles. Great company, wouldn't bother with their triggers. Just my experience, but none with the COMP. trigger.
All the best,
SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Gary Rihn>
posted
Thanks guys. I've got one on the way!