Notify
Tools

Double Set Trigger Interarms?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted
Gentlemen,

I went out gun shopping and happened upon a fairly good deal on an old Interarms Mauser that had a double set trigger set up. I say "had" because whoever used to own this rifle removed the rear trigger. For the price, I can easily afford it and might buy it - if I can restore the double set trigger function. The pawnshop guy wouldn't let me pull the action out of the stock to have a look at what I'd be dealing with so I can't say for sure. However, if I were to buy this, what would I be looking at the restore the double set function? At the bare minimum I think I'll need at least a new rear trigger. Where can I find one of those? What else might I need? I don't know much about double set triggers. Will someone please educate me?

Thanks,

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
You would be very lucky if you found replacement parts. The double set is not very complicated if you can find the missing parts. New aftermarket double set triggers will be in the $185 range.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The DST used on the Interarms Mark X is still available on the Charles Daly imports (rifles and actions). However, they are not of proper design. They use a standard triggerguard and the front trigger is too far forward. There is very little room for even an average size trigger finger, and the guard always make contact with it under recoil. For a DST you really need the larger Oberndorf style, or the shotgun style used by Brno and Mannlicher-Schoenauer.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and if the price is right, it would take about 50 bucks to install a single timney trigger and have a fine mauser
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38662 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies gentlemen.

Since I probably won't be able to restore the DST function, I think I'll pass on this one. I already have a few actions waiting for me to get to them and really, the DST was the only reason I was thinking of buying this one. If anyone else is interested in it, drop me a PM and I'll tell you where it is.

I think I'll buy that 8x68s barrel I've been putting off buying instead...

Thanks all,

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote