New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talley bases for Ruger rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with this item? From what I've seen here, the Ruger mounting system is ok for heavy recoiling rifles, and now Talley has a base to allow use of Ruger rings on Remington, Win, Mauser, etc. Decent price too, ~$70 for the whole setup.

What do you think?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Scott H>
posted
A local gunsmith swears by them. He uses Burris Signature rings with them. He puts them on all of his personal firearms.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Talley bases and ruger rings on my 35 Whelen on a 98 Mauser and like them just fine. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<R. A. Berry>
posted
Todd,
Like Bill Leeper, I used the Talley Ruger bases on my .35 Whelen (Pre-64 Winchester, 1952 vintage). The receiver has the original matte finish, so the standard Ruger rings and Talley bases, as well as the Douglas barrel, were matte blued and matched the gun very well. If you put those bases on with JB Weld or tap them out to 8X40 screws or both, you will have a good setup that is almost as good as the Ruger integral base.

------------------
Good huntin' and shootin',
RAB