THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Smith for old custom rem model 30 D/T &scope bases

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith for old custom rem model 30 D/T &scope bases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a old customized Remington model 30 Enfield 3006. Its a 1927 serial# and it has a side mount and old weaver scope that is worthless. The scope has to be disasembeled and slid into this old side mount.

Any recomendations on a gunsmith on the west coast or montana/idaho for Drill and tapping and custom bases ??
'
'So I can mount a modern scope and use this old customized model 30. It has a Custom stock and metal work.

Its been sitting for years waiting for me to refurbish it . Its a old "Custom " that needs a modern scope mounting system.

I need some contact phone numbers,,, advice. If you prefer please PM me

Thanks Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Scott Green in Blackfoot does excellent work.

Scott Green
454 West Highway 26
Blackfoot, Idaho 83221
1-208-785-7722

He has a website but I am not sure of the link.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
James Dubell

509-684-5855

Eastern Washington. Top flight work.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I also recommend Scott Green.

www.idahorifleman.com

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What about Tom Burgess?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With the cost of having custom receiver mounts and the prospect of extra holes left in the side of the receiver, why not look in to the EAW side mounts offered by NECG? It would be something a little different and IMO very cool - a low scope that allows you to see your irons too. Not cheap, but neither are custom bases...

www.newenglandcustomgun.com

Click on "Scope Mounts" then "Special Mounts"

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
Weaver makes bases for the remington model 30. All you will need is the D&T. Should be very straightforward for any competent smith.
Good shooting, Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is always, very expensive, the Griffin & Howe sidemount which G&H can make so as to use the existing holes in the side of your receiver. The price is so high that they have fallen out of popularity but they are excellent and they leave the top of the rifle perfectly clear for iron sight use.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote