Find
Notify
Tools

4 hammer double barrel shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted
Yup, check out pic No. 5. strange shotgun. So what are the extra hammers for? I've got my guess but I'd like to see what some others think too.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Very simple. It's a 4 shot double. Double charges in each barrel.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
BTW, the first pistol listed is the coolest of them all on that page.. a lemat!!

Very cool!! I saw a "Technology of pirates" or something like that, that had a 4 shot, double barreled pistol...

WARNING WARNING WARNING

they also showed a recover but destoryed copy of the same gun..

where a rear load had been discharged FIRST resulting in a compression ignition of the first change, turning the 4 shot pistol into an amazinging fast fingernail trigger

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look to me like there's enough room between the nipples for two charges of powder, plus wads & shot, in those barrels. And you'd NEED thick, tight wad columns to keep both charges from going with one pull of the trigger......

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There wqs a Civil war musket (Lindsey) that used the superimposed charges. Must have been a bitch after it fouled up.
Good luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote