New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rechamber to a RUM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is it possible to rechamber a Mod 70 375 H&H to a 375 RUM? Rim diameter and OAL is the same right? Is this a better option than rechamber to WBY for velocity gain? Would I see much velocity increase without going to a tube longer than 24"?

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ShortandFat
posted Hide Post
Yes I can't see why not, the base is bigger in the RUM, even if it isn't quiet right, you gunsmith may need to turn the barrel in another one or two turns making sure your opensights are back ontop and its all done.

Posts: 463 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that by abandoning the .375 H&H you are giving one of the most reliably feeding cartridges available. It and its little sister, the .300 H&H, leave nothing to be desired in reliability, and you gain what? A few hundred feet per second? The .375 H&H is a beautiful cartridge with a reputation in the game field unsurpassed. The RUM is momentary fad.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Yes, it can.. you'll have more feeding issues than you expect. I wouldn't bother, you have a great lady's gun, there bubba, why screw it up? (hah! got ya, andy)

quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
The RUM is momentary fad.

yeah.. (yawn) i've been hearing that for 11 years now ... i am thinking "fad" might be a tad of an overstatement

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39706 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Yes, it can.. you'll have more feeding issues than you expect. I wouldn't bother, you have a great lady's gun, there bubba, why screw it up? (hah! got ya, andy)

quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
The RUM is momentary fad.

yeah.. (yawn) i've been hearing that for 11 years now ... i am thinking "fad" might be a tad of an overstatement

The 300 ultra is certainly not a fad, but I doubt the 375 Ultra is setting any 375 caliber sales records.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
I doubt the 375 Ultra is setting any 375 caliber sales records.

the 375 ruger is outselling all 375 combined, according to ruger sales data ...

but okay, ,the 375 rum has been a "fad" since 2002.. and still going strong

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39706 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote