One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have no idea how this works.

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I sure like the looks of that first set up. Do you have any other pictures or details?

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
look's like brilley's hot oil bender ..

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi
You rather build one yourself. You need a square frame in the pistolgriparea, with 4 ajustment screws combined with a flanche for holding and aligning the reciever.
Next you also need a square frame at the rear end of the butstock, here you need a total of 8 spindels, allowing you to ajust Cast on/off, To inn/out and drop of heel.
That requires 2 vertical from top, 2 vertical from borron, and 1 horisontal from each side.
I recomend to place the stock flat on the side instead of vertical as shown.
Then you ties twisted cloth around the pistolgrip infront of the bendingarea, and just behind the bendingarea(to prevent the hot linseedoil to run all over the stock.)
BTW always remember to put a spanner on the stock just behind the reciever, to prevent the wood to flip out when bending.

Now you just turn on the heat on the Frie boiler, starts the pump, when the temperature is excactly 139.5 deg centigrade. Let the oil flow over the area where you wants to bend. The wood is ready when it starts sizzeling (small bobles comming out like when a frensh frie is cooked) The stock then becomes plastic, so you can bend it by your fingers. After bending aps 20% more than desired, you ajust the spindels to keep the stock in plase. You continue to flood the stock for another 5-10min, then letting it cool until next day.

BTW why are you calling yourself Hatting when you live in Harlev and not in Hatting Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want movies of this being done, get "Gunsmithing techniques by Bill Nittler" Available from ACGG

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks mr.Wiebe
I will order the DVD right away tu2

Be aware of the man with only "one" riffel

Posts: 51 | Location: denmark | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With Quote