Find
Notify
Tools

Model 30
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted
I just bought a Rem model 30/17 springfield in .30-06. I Will rebarrel. Will a 9.3x62 cartridge fit this action with no other mods?

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
Wooooo Hooooo!

I can hardly wait!

That will compliment the .338-06 and the .35 whelen very well.

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
DOn't rebarrel, rebore!

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39567 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Do what Jeffe said, rebore. I'm thinking about the same thing with one I bought.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
Where can I get it rebored?

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I had mine rebored; it is really nice to have an original-looking Model 30 in 9.3x62. And somewhat less expensive than the whole process for a new barrel.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
DOn't rebarrel, rebore!

What Jeffe said +1

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When a barrel is rebored, is the finish usually damaged? Do the barrel vise, lathe chuck, steady rest... or whatever tools these guys typicaly remove some blueing, or could I count on not needing to re-blue?

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The full ribbed custom barrel that I sent to Delta Gunshop looked great on the outside. No tool marks at all.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
DOn't rebarrel, rebore!

Jim Dubell and the Clearwater Rebore shop. Although I have not had him rebore one for me, I have had his shop work over my custom rifle and they did an awesome job.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I have an Enfield 30-06 that was sporterized with a fairly nice mannlicher stock. I had Danny Peterson at Classic Barrels re-bore it to 9.3x62 and it is one of my favorite rifles.
A M-30 project should make a great rifle as well.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bja105:
When a barrel is rebored, is the finish usually damaged? Do the barrel vise, lathe chuck, steady rest... or whatever tools these guys typicaly remove some blueing, or could I count on not needing to re-blue?

It will not put marks on the barrel. IIRC, with most processes for reboring it is the tools that rotate, not the barrel.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second Danny Pedersen of Cut Right Barrels in Prescott, AZ. He has done several for me and all have been excellent shooters.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I am another happy customer of Danny Pedersen at Cut Rifle Barrels. He did a rebore on an engraved barrel with all integral hardware for me, and I could not see any damage to anything, including the engraving on the barrel shank, which was as sharp when it returned to me as when it left.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3831 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote