New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boyd JRS Stock and CoreLite Stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any opinion on the Boyd JRS stock and the Midway Corelite stock for a 98 Mauser? I have the tools and the patience to fit the barrel and action. Looking for something inexpensive for VZ24 with Midway F34 in 30-06.

Thanks

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I've got the JRS laminate on my Daly based 458 Win., it's held up well for a little over a year, although I admit to not shooting it all that much. It has been in the weather, such as we have in Texas with no problems to be seen.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the Corelight but I have a Boyd's thumbhole that was well worth the money and has held up really well.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
If you got with the boyds, buy it from them.. for 50% less than midway...

i have a jrs lam, though not on a gun, that look like it'll work

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have built 2 rifles using the Boyd JRS laminate one 300Win on a M70 and one on a 280 Rem on a M700. This was shortly after the JRS was introduced. Very pleased with the stocks in both quality and appearance. I really like the JRS fit for me and the profile is nice.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The JRS is a very good stock profile and the Boyds seem to make them well. I plan on buying one or more in the future......DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have an extra finished jds mauser stock, if you want it it's yours for $85.00 +5.00 shipping. email me at tomwest17@earthlink.net

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry i should have posted in classifieds..

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tom you have email

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!